Thread: Need some advice on fat consumption sans gall bladder... page

sbufton is offline Junior Member

Need some advice on fat consumption sans gall bladder...

Shop Now
    Hi all! My father-in-law is 74, type 2 diabetic (mostly controlled by diet until recent episode of very high sugar ending up in hospital) and has no gall bladder. He is interested in primal eating, and could do with losing some weight (ideally 40lbs or so). I have given some suggestions about what to eat/not eat, and he has taken on some of it but I struggle a bit with knowing what to suggest considering that he has no gall bladder. If he had one I'd be suggesting a lot more fat than he currently eats, but not sure how wise it would be for him to be eating a lot of fat. He says he gets side pains if he eats too much fat, but that was when he was eating grains too and I wonder if anyone here has advice/experience with eating strictly primal with no gall bladder? Thanks!

Lady D is offline Senior Member
    Mark did a post on this recently, I'll pop the link up in case you haven't seen it, until people with more experience can weigh in - Dear Mark: Gallbladder-less, CrossFit on Hiking, and Gluten Cutter | Mark's Daily Apple

sbufton is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady D View Post
    Mark did a post on this recently, I'll pop the link up in case you haven't seen it, until people with more experience can weigh in - Dear Mark: Gallbladder-less, CrossFit on Hiking, and Gluten Cutter | Mark's Daily Apple
    Thank you! Will read that now, I missed that post.