Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protein Shakes page

bemental is offline Member

Protein Shakes

Primal Fuel
    Hello World!

Quick question about protein shakes (Primal Fuel shakes). I don't believe I have a lactose intolerance, but I am having problems shedding the last 10-15 pounds of chub on my body.

I noticed in the past that milk products interfere with my weight loss, and am looking for a replacement other than water to make my protein shakes. If I'm honest with myself, protein shakes in the past have also caused me to gain weight in some form (and I'm not talking pure muscle), but this is my first time I'm trying the pricey Primal Fuel so I'm gonna give it a shot.

I can always bite the bullet and go with water, but the shakes really do taste better with a cup of milk.

I've got all other milk products out of my life, including sour cream's, cheeses, yogurts, etc. The only exception is butter, which in my opinion is more fat then milk.

Thanks for the suggestions, and please feel free to chime in regarding the lactose intolerance, protein shakes, etc.

Andrew

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1375395765.812017.jpg

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Almond milk. Works great, I use it all the time. You can even make your own.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I use water, but add an egg to make it creamier.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

bemental is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Almond milk. Works great, I use it all the time. You can even make your own.
    Almond milk? Interesting. Got any insight into the Primalism of drinking almonds?

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I use water, but add an egg to make it creamier.
    Now THAT'S an interesting idea. If we're going Arnold-style and eating it raw, the PF is some good tasting medicine and I'm not sure how that would mix...

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bemental View Post
    If we're going Arnold-style and eating it raw, the PF is some good tasting medicine and I'm not sure how that would mix...
    I don't know what 'Arnold-style' means! But I have a rice and pea protein powder that was horribly grainy to swallow, and thin because of the water. Then I read Mark's post about egg coffee where he says that egg is the perfect emulsifier, and *bingo* it worked for my shake! (I have a prescribed one for gut issues, so can't choose the yummy ones, sadly).
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Almond or coconut milk maybe watered down a little

London UK.

Any london ppl give me a MSG

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Split the water with coconut milk. More of the former than the latter, since it can be quite thick.

Almond milk's ok, used to drink tonnes, but it's carby. You could also try cream.

I do the raw egg bit for my shakes, works real well.

M.

okron is offline Junior Member
    I'll second the coconut milk (about 4 oz) with 6 oz of water....and an egg....yummmmmm

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Almond milk? Interesting. Got any insight into the Primalism of drinking almonds?

Now THAT'S an interesting idea. If we're going Arnold-style and eating it raw, the PF is some good tasting medicine and I'm not sure how that would mix...
    I'm pretty sure it's okay. I always use the unsweetened which has very little carbs.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Better to eat them

Alot of commercial almond milks used veg oil in them - not good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast