Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TSH Levels at 14 page 2

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    J

I had worked my way up to around 45mg of lugols... I think I was on the iodine for about 5-6 weeks maybe. Reason I stopped is because my throat was constantly hurting ever so slightly. Docs I've seen have already hinted at just giving me a thyroid scrip, but I really want to fix this in a holistic nature.

-Nathan
    What you have done to yourself was irresponsible and potentially dangerous. You seriously need to get your ass to a doctor, tell him what you did, and let them sort you out. Treating yourself without getting labs along the way is a great way to damage yourself permanently. You may have a goiter, thyroid cancer, or an auto-immune condition. Iodine can greatly speed up the damage from all those things!

Once they sort you out, you can get on a good labwork schedule, then play around with holistic approaches, but you need to get sorted out first!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notlupus View Post
    Enjoy being miserable and useless if you are going to try to cure thyroid problems naturally. It doesn't work. I'd probably be dead without Natur-throid (judging by my dose).
    Talk about a sweeping nonsense statement. Most people that have hypothyroid symptoms should be seeking to treat them naturally. There are some that need medicated. All will benefit from a whole foods primal/paleo template as a base point from which to make specific tweaks.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Talk about a sweeping nonsense statement. Most people that have hypothyroid symptoms should be seeking to treat them naturally. There are some that need medicated. All will benefit from a whole foods primal/paleo template as a base point from which to make specific tweaks.
    Yuppers.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Eating the right foods to complement the medication is one thing. To try to avoid medication when it is needed is another.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Mightymouse you really need to get the labs done before you try and treat yourself. Even in those videos they say that if you have diagonsed Hashimoto's (which btw most people with hypothyroid do have) you need to take thyroid replacement hormones. Diet and supplements will improve the thyroid's ability to function but if you have Hashimoto's thyroid meds will be a part of the treatment. And there are several options when it comes to thyroid hormones.

I'm at the point where we are trying to figure out what meds will work for me. I'm on synthroid and my TSH is down to 2.6 but I don't feel any difference. TSH is only one test and it's not that helpful. My new doc ordered a full work-up. I just got back from getting a whole slew of tests done. These tests will be expensive but I'm tired of using guesswork, I want to know what's going on.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Thyroid Screens and Panels
    They used to offer a discount with the code- 12345. I don't know if they still do.

MightyMouse is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for more replies....I think...lol

I'm open minded when it comes to using t4/t3 hormones. I just hope I don't have to use them for the rest of my life. From what I've been reading, it seems as though I will have to use some prescriptions to get on the right path, which is fine. Life extensions full panel which includes the antibodies is 199 with the membership so I'm thinking I'll do that.

Should I wait any longer to get the full panel since I just recently stopped taking the iodine? And I'm thinking of dumping the kale and broccoli to see if anything noticeable happens.

umm7 is offline Senior Member
    Local walk in clinics are cheap. I would call around.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I think I would get the panel done and then find an inexpensive clinic like umm7 said, bring in the results and if you need meds the doc can prescribe them. It's not ideal but it's a start. Keep watching the videos so you know how to interpret the results. Also keep looking around for a holistic doctor. Have you looked at your thyroid to see if it's enlarged? Simply look in the mirror, tilting your head up, swallow. If it's enlarged you should be able to see it. My right side was bigger than my left.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

umm7 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I personally draw my blood at a clinic and spend damn good money for an endo. Most general doctors are idiots, and not up to date on what is a good range. Under 2 is where it should be and most general docs won't even bat an eye at a 6 or 7... Dumbfounding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast