Thread: The Sun page

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member

The Sun

Primal Fuel
    Okay, after totally abusing the sun in the late 80's through the late 90's (laying out for hours with baby oil on), I started to completely SHUN the sun. For the last 15 years, I have worn #50 sunscreen before ever going out in the sun and constantly reapplied it so I did not get any exposure whatsoever. After reading the information about healthy tanning/vitamin D on Dr. Mercola's site and here, I have decided to let myself back into the sun in a more healthy way. I do constantly keep sunscreen on my face as I believe it does make you age faster, but when I go hiking and to the beach or do gardening, I now let myself have at least 30 minutes of healthy sun exposure several times a week before covering up or putting on sunscreen. I just look and feel sooooo much better. I really love the sun, being tan and am so glad I don't have to deprive myself anymore.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i'm fair and freckled yet spent a good portion of my life lying in the sun. i no longer do that, but don't wear sunblock anymore when outdoors. i do often wear a hat though.

now that my d-levels are more normal i don't think i burn as much as i previously did.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I second what Noodetoy said- with my D levels being normal, I almost can't burn. It's weird.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012