Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardgainer is trying to gain - Adrian's Journal page 27

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Oh well :') he may still wanna try? (says ebrady, with her extensive medical knowledge and experience) :P
    Noo.. he doesn't : / But he will visit a neurologist next week. I hope she'll help him : )

So basically, your language skill is as high as a 20 year old's? Awesomeeee.

You are very good at English. Has reading MDA helped? I may get some book in French to help me

I'd say ditch Shadowknight and come study in London, but a) I don't live in London, and b) I can imagine Auckland being approximately 10000000x better. Approximately.
    Maybe not exactly as good, but close : ) I have to practise vocabulary and tenses... I still mess them up often : /

MDA has helped me a lot, I have read many many articles in English, also written some posts = ) It's really great learning tool.

As I've been to London twice, I have to say I liked it! Especially place where I've stayed - Greenwich! A lot of small houses and parks - heaven on earth : 3 I don't like the big blocks of flats... I live in house, but there are only a few ones close, the rest are enormous building where many many people live...

As for the apples, the cooking ones are really nice. I like the Pink Lady ones, but they're a little too sweet sometimes. Bitter, freezing cold, and juicy...omg...
    Idk which are Pink Ladies in Polish, but I would use same adjectives to describe perfect apple ; 3 I prefer green ones also..

Btw, awesome breakfast well, all your meals are pretty stunning, but the breakfast is like a perfect healthy dessert ;D
    Thank you sooo much : ) I really enjoy preparing my CC mixes. I bought pomelo today, maybe I'll have it tommorow with CC ; 3

sheesh do you eat like a bird haha if youre still interested in putting on mass and u rlly find it difficult to take in more solid food, id suggest using liquid calories. This has probably already been covered but yeah...raw milk, whey protein, glucose powders, fruit, more starch like sweet potato,potato,plantains, and more protein and healthy fats like tallow and lard.
    Hi there : 3
    It's really nice that you've read my journal... but. I can't agree with you. I would never touch glucose powders etc. I consider them as something processed. Sorry, but it just doesn't agree with the way I see primal/paleo eating. Plantains aren't avaible here. I like way I'm gaining mass, this is just perfect for me. Nothing rapid, nothing too fast, without unwanted stress. Just healthy muscles appearing and a little of fat, which will be perfect for upcoming winter. : ) I tried to count calories which I ate today after reading ur post, and it's around 2500 kcals. I started with 1700 three months ago. I also consumed more than 200 g of indispensable amino acids which are A MUST while putting on weight. I really appericate that you would like to help me : ) But I figured out how my body responses, and the way I eat seems to be working pretty well. Also as you've noticed for sure, I upped my carbs a lot. I eat a lot of fruit with high gl index (bananas etc.) and starch (yams, potatoes).

You do look lots better in the second photo, your arms look better with some muscle and I like not seeing your ribs.
    Those hard apples will probably make a pretty good applesauce
    If you are eating like a bird it is a very big one like an ostrich : ), you are gaining weight steadily and eating lots in my eyes. But then I am not a young male : p
    Thank you very much! Yup, now my ribs are only for me! None can see them = ) I followed your advice and made some pumpkin-apple-raisins sauce for supper (pics below). Thank you for your nice words : )

You look fantastic in your pics, have you thought about writing up your story and submitting it to Mark for the Friday success story? You are a great inspiration and I'm sure he would love to hear from a young person instead of us old farts all of the time!
    Thank you very much! I haven't thought about it tbh. But maybe it's a good idea..? When I got time, I'll write it = ) I really appericate your warm words! Thank you and good luck! : )

Agreed! There's only been a few teenage success stories as far as I know.
    Your personality also qualifies for a SUCCESS STORY <3 : ) Maybe you should write one too ?

My supper:

WP_20131019_006.jpg
    WP_20131019_007.jpg

So I ate cc with banana and strawberries and two bowls of pumpkin-apple(two of them)-raisins-cinnammon sauce : 3 (inspiration came from paleodutch! ) also I had one nectarine.

My workout was 30 minute kettlebell sprints.. ; 3

Have a great night and enjoy your Sunday (my won't be interesting, gym in the morning, then I'll have to study for biology test)..
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Hi! I was lurking on your journal (I'm one of the 'old farts' with the exact opposite of most of your experiences . . .) but I'm a Senior Lecturer at the University of Auckland. It's a great place . Just putting in a plug for NZ!
    Wow, it's really nice to meet you : ) I will have to check out all the possibilities, but this one seems to be very interesting: Programmes*- The University of Auckland

However, the application process seems to be complicated, I would have to contact with someone who could explain me exactly what should I do and would help me to achive all needed qualifications : ) I'd be a great experience..
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Cool - that's my faculty!! I'm in Nursing. Look at the link on the left hand menu - International Students. There are some fantastic people in there who will be able to answer all your questions . Don't be afraid to keep asking, either!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Noo.. he doesn't : / But he will visit a neurologist next week. I hope she'll help him : )
    I wish him luck :3

Maybe not exactly as good, but close : ) I have to practise vocabulary and tenses... I still mess them up often : /
    I don't blame you: they're difficult! However, i haven't really noticed that many mistakes on your behalf

I mess them up way too often in French, and I've only just started to be able to speak in full sentences :P on my exam I said "next weekend I went to the town" -.-

MDA has helped me a lot, I have read many many articles in English, also written some posts = ) It's really great learning tool.

As I've been to London twice, I have to say I liked it! Especially place where I've stayed - Greenwich! A lot of small houses and parks - heaven on earth : 3 I don't like the big blocks of flats... I live in house, but there are only a few ones close, the rest are enormous building where many many people live...
    Putting two good things in practise - showing us amazing CC photos and describing how they taste ;D

I'm not a big fan of flats either. When I think of London, I think of inner city flats and pubs etc, cos that's where I visited...undoubtedly, Greenwich is nice, though I imagine it'd be expensive to liver there.

Idk which are Pink Ladies in Polish, but I would use same adjectives to describe perfect apple ; 3 I prefer green ones also..
    http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...DBpppEE2fU3JG7 here she is :P They're quite soft compared to others, and with a really sweet champagne sort of taste - not bitter, and the flavour isn't pronounced. It's nice.

Thank you sooo much : ) I really enjoy preparing my CC mixes. I bought pomelo today, maybe I'll have it tommorow with CC ; 3
    I just had to google that :P it will taste interesting - the sharp citrus contrasting with the creamy and smooth CC.

Your personality also qualifies for a SUCCESS STORY <3 : ) Maybe you should write one too ?
    Aw, thank you :3 but I haven't had as much success as you! You completely changed yourself and are an inspiration to others

So I ate cc with banana and strawberries and two bowls of pumpkin-apple(two of them)-raisins-cinnammon sauce : 3 (inspiration came from paleodutch! ) also I had one nectarine.

My workout was 30 minute kettlebell sprints.. ; 3

Have a great night and enjoy your Sunday (my won't be interesting, gym in the morning, then I'll have to study for biology test)..
    The soup looks amazing! So tasty and autumny

Enjoy your Sunday:3
    I'm not an emo, I swear

I don't blame you: they're difficult! However, i haven't really noticed that many mistakes on your behalf
    If you see any, please tell it to me : 3! I have some problems with past tenses (e.g. past participle or past simple, past perfect continous or present perfect continous - it's really messed up sometimes).. : )

mess them up way too often in French, and I've only just started to be able to speak in full sentences :P on my exam I said "next weekend I went to the town" -.-
    Haha :> German is also complicated, but the tenses are more familiar to Polish ones, so it's easier to understand them : 3

Putting two good things in practise - showing us amazing CC photos and describing how they taste ;D

I'm not a big fan of flats either. When I think of London, I think of inner city flats and pubs etc, cos that's where I visited...undoubtedly, Greenwich is nice, though I imagine it'd be expensive to liver there.
    I've stayed there twice. Once with an old, very nice lady, who is around 80 y.o. She lives alone with her cat, and has beautiful small house But she was driving like a crazy! Another time I stayed in Indian family - there was mother and her son, around 20 y.o. They were also very very friendly - we talked and laughed a lot : )

In April I'm going to travel across Wales - I'll spend there 9 days : 3 I can't wait any longer...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...DBpppEE2fU3JG7 here she is :P They're quite soft compared to others, and with a really sweet champagne sort of taste - not bitter, and the flavour isn't pronounced. It's nice.
    They are called "Champagne Apples" in Poland I like them, but prefer harder ones ; 3

I just had to google that :P it will taste interesting - the sharp citrus contrasting with the creamy and smooth CC.
    Tbh I prefer grapefruits to pomelo xd

Aw, thank you :3 but I haven't had as much success as you! You completely changed yourself and are an inspiration to others
    Thank you for your words once again! : ) Without people like you it wouldn't be so easy .. : )

The soup looks amazing! So tasty and autumny

Enjoy your Sunday:3
    Thank you : 3 In deed, it was fall soup, really warming up and sweet

Have a nice day too! : )

Day Seventy Eight

Hi there : )

I woke up later than usually today - around 8 o'clock. That's because yesterday I was reading MDA till midnight.. And my body almost always sleeps for 7-8 hours : ) Anyway, in the morning I went to the church with parents. Then I had a coffee, some dates and headed straightly to the gym. I started Jason Blaha's Ice Cream workout, as Shadowknight has suggested. So it looked like:
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squats 5 5 x 60 kg
    Bench Press 5 5 x 40kg
    Bent Over Row 5 5 x 45 kg
    Barbell Shrugs 3 8 x 45 kg
    Tricep Extensions 3 8 x 35 kg
    Straight Bar or Incline Curls 3 8 x 17 kg (each hand)
    Hyperextensions with plate 2 10 x 10 kg plate
    Cable Crunches 3 10 x 40 kg

I feel really tired, but happy : )

Breakfast:

WP_20131020_001.jpg

cc with pomelo and strawberries

lunch:

WP_20131020_002.jpg

two nectarines + gelatine cocoa coffee + some dates (pre workout)

Now I'm waiting for the dinner and studying German - there is nice chicken in the oven ; 3

dinner:

WP_20131020_003.jpg

whole roasted chicken + roasted veggies - potatoes and carrots (was hungry after workout )

snack:

WP_20131020_004.jpg

3 kohlrabis (one on photo) and 3 carrots

supper:

WP_20131020_005.jpg

cc with banana, two nectarines, strawberries, honey, flax meal and cinnammon + pear

Awesome combo : 3

Have a good night!
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-20-2013 at 02:13 PM.

If you see any, please tell it to me : 3! I have some problems with past tenses (e.g. past participle or past simple, past perfect continous or present perfect continous - it's really messed up sometimes).. : )
    I will, no problem :)

Haha :> German is also complicated, but the tenses are more familiar to Polish ones, so it's easier to understand them : 3
    It's weird: where I'm from, the accent is sort-of similar to German :) so the language itself is easier to decipher for us :)

I've stayed there twice. Once with an old, very nice lady, who is around 80 y.o. She lives alone with her cat, and has beautiful small house :D But she was driving like a crazy! Another time I stayed in Indian family - there was mother and her son, around 20 y.o. They were also very very friendly - we talked and laughed a lot : )

In April I'm going to travel across Wales - I'll spend there 9 days : 3 I can't wait any longer...
    Sounds like you had some good experiences :D

Wales is a beautiful country: mountainous, scenic. You'll love it if you love outdoors. If you can, climb some of the mountains there. It's worth it :)

They are called "Champagne Apples" in Poland :D I like them, but prefer harder ones ; 3
    Ahhh, I see. Yeah, I agree, the harder ones are more satisfying :) but my whole family prefers Pink Ladys so we get them.

Thank you for your words once again! : ) Without people like you it wouldn't be so easy .. : )
    No problem :3 and you help me a lot too...it's awesome when people post in your journals :D

i may have to implement that workout, it looks hardcore. Impressive weights, too :3

Foods look great! That chicken in particular...nom. And I have to say, your CC combos are getting better and better ;)

have a nice night and a good day tomorrow:)
    I'm not an emo, I swear

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Yup I agree with ebrady , that workout looks like its hardcore
    The dude I ws talkin about , im planning to ask him about his program . And mabye ill post it here for u to use if u wish :3
    And damn man way to go on that chicken
    Hows everything with the girl btw
    And ur grades how is everything going ?

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

It's weird: where I'm from, the accent is sort-of similar to German so the language itself is easier to decipher for us
    I'd like to listen it somehow : 3 It must sound so great ; 3

Wales is a beautiful country: mountainous, scenic. You'll love it if you love outdoors. If you can, climb some of the mountains there. It's worth it
    I will love it then! ; 3 Mountains are the thing I need ;D

No problem :3 and you help me a lot too...it's awesome when people post in your journals

i may have to implement that workout, it looks hardcore. Impressive weights, too :3

Foods look great! That chicken in particular...nom. And I have to say, your CC combos are getting better and better
    Nah, the wieghts are still low. Thank you for compliments! ; 3

Yup I agree with ebrady , that workout looks like its hardcore
    The dude I ws talkin about , im planning to ask him about his program . And mabye ill post it here for u to use if u wish :3
    And damn man way to go on that chicken
    Hows everything with the girl btw
    And ur grades how is everything going ?
    Compare mine workouts to YOUR workouts. I suck! Yes, why not. I'm really opened to all programmes, but now I want to do Ice Cream fot at least 3 months. Things aren't moving on with THAT girl, but I'm starting not to care, as there are some other ones ; 3 School is just fine, but I need to study a lil bit more, to have time for workouts and friends.

Day Seventy Nine

hello =)

I hate Mondays! Lessons are starting at 7:30 and I'm sleepy during whole day.. But I had nice start- two good grades in German ! Also I got B+ in chemistry and biology test, which I was really afraid of, was pretty easy! Then I went to cinema to see the newest Polish film about Lech Walesa (Walesa: Man of Hope) - really worth seeing! If you are interested in history and would like to get some authentic informations - watch it!

Now I have to study a bit. Supper will be posted later.

Some good informations: Hospitality (British D'n'b label) will be in Cracow soon! OMG THERE WILL BE SOME WICKED PARTY <3

Breakfast:

WP_20131021_001.jpg
    WP_20131021_002.jpg

cottage cheese with banana, chopped dates, frozen strawberries and honey, 2 hb eggs

School lunch:

WP_20131021_003.jpg

dried figs, dried plum and dried peach

snack:

WP_20131021_004.jpg

two kohlrabis

Dinner:

WP_20131021_005.jpg

4 chicken thighs with skins on and bones in, rice noodles with wild mushrooms..

TBC

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd like to listen it somehow : 3 It must sound so great ; 3

I sound like these two fellas :P except my accent is more pronounced -.-

I will love it then! ; 3 Mountains are the thing I need ;D
    Good! Snowdonia is especially beautiful.

Nah, the wieghts are still low. Thank you for compliments! ; 3
    Stop being hard on yourself :P

Things aren't moving on with THAT girl, but I'm starting not to care, as there are some other ones ; 3 School is just fine, but I need to study a lil bit more, to have time for workouts and friends.
    Whaaat? So you're just gonna stay friends with this girl, or are you gonna make a move? :P unless there's someone else again who you're interested in...?

Also I got B+ in chemistry and biology test, which I was really afraid of, was pretty easy! Then I went to cinema to see the newest Polish film about Lech Walesa (Walesa: Man of Hope) - really worth seeing! If you are interested in history and would like to get some authentic informations - watch it!
    Well done :3 also, I'll add the film to my watchlist

Aaaaand now I'm craving chicken thighs. Damn it Adrian :P
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast