Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardgainer is trying to gain - Adrian's Journal page 26

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That looks amazing how much do you eat per day?
    Lol, today I had 0,5 kg xD

And how do u make the cocoa with gelatin , when I tried to make coffee with gelatin and milk I got a amazing layer of foam on top but then there was a disgusting layer of oil/water have no idea , between the foam and coffe ...long story short... bleh !!
    I add 1 teaspoon of gelatin and one of raw cocoa, then stir it, afterwards I add hot water and I keep stiring it! ; 3 Simple

Paleo really does help with illness! Before, when I was eating CW and training constantly, I was ill 6-10 times peryear, and sometimes quite badly. Now if I feel unwell, it lasts maybe a day or two. No illness. (Yet. Touch wood)
    I was ill every two weeks.. And had terrible headaches sometimes ; / Now my dad has them very often. He wakes up in the middle of the night and his brain is 'exploding'. He sometimes has stomach problems during those headaches. Doctors don't know how to help him ; /

Aw thanks, but they're nowt compared to yours, shadowknight's, or EG's ;/
    All of your pictures are great : 3 I love ur omelettes ! Really... But I'll stick to my hb eggs as I really can't transport omelette from pan on the plate : )

Strongly agree with EG. :P

I wouldnt dismiss your progress! You're looking really good and strong :-) keep it up!

Foods are looking delicious again can't wait to see your supper!
    Thank you for your nice words ebrady and EG : 3 I really appericate them and feel really great reading them : )

5x5 is a pretty good programme. To be honest, I'd recommend "IceCreamFitness Novice Programme". Try googling, it's very good.
    I looked it up and it seems to be reasonable : 3 I will think about my future workouts tommorow (during a rest day). Thank you for recommendations!

DO IT.
    Till the end of this school year (June 2014) I'll have to decide if I'd like to study abroad. We'll see ! : D

Congratulations, Adrian, on your amazing progress!

You look great in your latest pic! A hell of a lot better than before - you look way too skinny in that first pic, your ribs are showing and everything. But now? Now you lookstrong. You look strong, look like you've been training hard and eating like a King (of CC). If you look this great now, I'm just trying to imagine how awesome you'll look at that goal you set of 75kg.

You've made all kindzzzz of muscle gainz. I'm incredibly happy for you - keep it up!
    Thank you : ) I feel much better also! It's not so cold anymore! : )

Supper:

WP_20131018_015.jpg
    WP_20131018_023.jpg

apples (3 in total) + cottage cheese with mango and frozen strawberries (as promised) : D

Have a good night! : )
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Lol, today I had 0,5 kg xD
    Beast modeeee!

I was ill every two weeks.. And had terrible headaches sometimes ; / Now my dad has them very often. He wakes up in the middle of the night and his brain is 'exploding'. He sometimes has stomach problems during those headaches. Doctors don't know how to help him ; /
    It's awful...glad you don't have that any more. Has your dad considered a gluten intolerance? most people do so much better without anyway; and with those symptoms...

All of your pictures are great : 3 I love ur omelettes ! Really... But I'll stick to my hb eggs as I really can't transport omelette from pan on the plate : )
    Cheers :3

Eh, you're CC king. I think we can excuse an inability to make omelettes

Thank you for your nice words ebrady and EG : 3 I really appericate them and feel really great reading them : )
    it's no problem :3 i'm really proud of your progress. Keep it up

apples (3 in total) + cottage cheese with mango and frozen strawberries (as promised) : D

Have a good night! : )
    Teh. Nomz.

Gahh, now I really want some mango and CC! :3

Have a good night
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    It's awful...glad you don't have that any more. Has your dad considered a gluten intolerance? most people do so much better without anyway; and with those symptoms...
    But it happens like once a week, and he eats 4+ slices of bread everyday xd

Day Seventy Seven

Hello there : )

In the morning I've been shopping for an hour with parents. I bought turkey leg (pics below), some apples, turkey headcheese and some other cold meats (pork ones). Then I had my first CAE preparation lessons. Teacher is very nice guy - Peter. He is Welsh and is around 30 y.o. I'm the youngest "kid" in the group - the rest is 20+ xd. There are 20 of us, and we'll have 4 hours of language practice each Saturday. I think exam will take place in February or March. It would really help me to find a good job/study abroad. I've been watching universities exchange programmes, and there is one to Auckland! SHADOWKNIGHT YOU BETTER PREPARE XD But I would have to get a scholarship, as studying fees are really high. We'll see.
    Also I forgot to post my workout yesterday. I'm proud of my deadlifts!

deadlifts: 80KG! 5x5
    bench press: 40 kg 10 x 5
    squats: 60kg 8/10 x 5
    hanging leg raises: 20 x 5
    dumbbell flys: 16 kg 10 x 5

Tommorow I'll hit the gym again. As Shadowknight has suggested - I'll start Jason Blaha's Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 Novice Program | Muscle & Strength this workout : )

Foods today (without supper YET):

breakfast:

WP_20131019_001.jpg

CC with banana, strawberries and cocoa

lunch:

WP_20131019_002.jpg

turkey head cheese and apple

dinner:

WP_20131019_003.jpg

roasted turkey leg, roasted potatoes with thyme and roasted pumpkin

dessert:

WP_20131019_005.jpg

apple - really sour and hard kind, my favourite ones. They are mainly used for baking apple crumbles etc, because they don't contain a lot of juice and aren't too soft ; 3
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Way to go on the deadlifts dude !! and those squats are becoming better
    And like I said before ur english is pretty amazing so ull probably ace it no need to worry
    And that dinner OMG im hungggggg :3

And NOOO ditch shadownight and come to canada !!
    Come to think of it , it would be awesome if somehow (I have no idea how ) we could all get together :3
    Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by egyption grok; 10-19-2013 at 08:57 AM.

But it happens like once a week, and he eats 4+ slices of bread everyday xd
    Oh well :') he may still wanna try? (says ebrady, with her extensive medical knowledge and experience) :P

I think exam will take place in February or March. It would really help me to find a good job/study abroad. I've been watching universities exchange programmes, and there is one to Auckland! SHADOWKNIGHT YOU BETTER PREPARE XD But I would have to get a scholarship, as studying fees are really high. We'll see.
    So basically, your language skill is as high as a 20 year old's? Awesomeeee.

You are very good at English. Has reading MDA helped? I may get some book in French to help me

I'd say ditch Shadowknight and come study in London, but a) I don't live in London, and b) I can imagine Auckland being approximately 10000000x better. Approximately.

Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    Come to think of it , it would be awesome if somehow (I have no idea how ) we could all get together :3
    I propose we all go to Switzerland. I've always wanted to go ;D

I'm proud of my deadlifts!
    Hell yeah! They're phenomenal!

As for the apples, the cooking ones are really nice. I like the Pink Lady ones, but they're a little too sweet sometimes. Bitter, freezing cold, and juicy...omg...

Btw, awesome breakfast well, all your meals are pretty stunning, but the breakfast is like a perfect healthy dessert ;D
    I'm not an emo, I swear

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    I kind of skipped forward in this thread to the end to see whether you've progressed in ur eating habits. It looks like youre eating great quality food...but sheesh do you eat like a bird haha if youre still interested in putting on mass and u rlly find it difficult to take in more solid food, id suggest using liquid calories. This has probably already been covered but yeah...raw milk, whey protein, glucose powders, fruit, more starch like sweet potato,potato,plantains, and more protein and healthy fats like tallow and lard. It seems like your trainings greatly improved since the beginning, but if u want to rlly put on some size u have to eat more, not to mention that at ur age youre in the perfect mode for growth, your body NEEDS more calories. Hope everything turns out well! don't make the mistake I made at ur age and eat like a bird! loll

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    You do look lots better in the second photo, your arms look better with some muscle and I like not seeing your ribs.
    Those hard apples will probably make a pretty good applesauce
    If you are eating like a bird it is a very big one like an ostrich : ), you are gaining weight steadily and eating lots in my eyes. But then I am not a young male : p

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You look fantastic in your pics, have you thought about writing up your story and submitting it to Mark for the Friday success story? You are a great inspiration and I'm sure he would love to hear from a young person instead of us old farts all of the time!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    You look fantastic in your pics, have you thought about writing up your story and submitting it to Mark for the Friday success story? You are a great inspiration and I'm sure he would love to hear from a young person instead of us old farts all of the time!
    Agreed! There's only been a few teenage success stories as far as I know.
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi! I was lurking on your journal (I'm one of the 'old farts' with the exact opposite of most of your experiences . . .) but I'm a Senior Lecturer at the University of Auckland. It's a great place . Just putting in a plug for NZ!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast