Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardgainer is trying to gain - Adrian's Journal page 25

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How is the physics going with u btw, its my least fav science!!
    And like shadownight said WE WANT MORE DETAILS!!
    And ur dinner and supper look delicious , im craving salmon right nw . Ran out of it yest
    And way to go on those squats keep going !!

Ya and we want to see progress pics? Do u have old photos and compare them with photos now ?? That would be awesome to see

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    @ebrady98 I hope so : 3 I got A today.. chemistry homework ! I'm pretty happy..
    Congrats! Chemistry is a bitch :P

I was talking to class about fats. Really interesting topic : ) Then hour of PE and Computer Science.
    Did you educate them?

I bought some gelatine today.. I found out that 1 t of raw cacao + 1 t of gelatine = gods drink. (with some stevia ofc).
    Noted for future reference - when I can get my parents to buy both items, of course.

I have problems with persuading my parents to whey protein powder. They say it's chemical and it would be start of taking some drugs or other shit. I can't agree with them, but I don't want to argue also.
    Hmm..if you don't want to argue...you could always show your research in an unbiased way. Like Shadowknight said, it's just by product of cheesemaking. Nothing chemical at all.

I remember when I was discussing how butter is not a processed food with my dad. Technically, it is -it requires processing; however, this processing is 1. get milk 2. churn it 3. collect later. Nothing bad about it.

You could also collect positive benefits of whey protein. As well as saving budget and helping you gain muscle mass, it also has positive health benefits. A quick google search tells me this: Whey Protein Benefits, Risks, & Top Picks - BuiltLean

Tell them while you understand their concerns about it being a gateway drug (I think they are imaging that you'll start chugging the stuff while taking steroids and getting swole. There are negative connotations surrounding sports drinks; too right, some of them are junk. Whey isn't) you have done your research and reached the conclusion that this would aid you; also, since you care about your health, you would never take drugs or anything that would cause harm to your health. You're very intelligent, and they know that. Hopefully they'll understand.

I hit the gym today! I was really happy with first circut, but later.. my bench started to suck. I had to make it lighter... I started with plates of 40 kg and ended with 30 kg. Idk what happened. However squat was perfect: 5 x 10 x 60 kg!

So my workout was like:
    squats: 60 kg x 10 x 5
    bench press: 40 kg x 10, 35 kg x 10 x 2, 30 kg x 10 x 2
    bicep curl w/ barabell: 30 kg x 10 x 5
    rows w/ barabell: 30 kg x 10 x 5
    dumbbell flys: 15kg x 10 x 5
    hanging leg raises: 20 x 5
    Awesome! That's an amazing squat PR; and you did 5 sets!

The squats may have tired you, but I'm not sure. I've had bad bench days too.

Nice foods again in love with the cottage cheese mixtures!

Adrian is online now Senior Member
    How were they? You like'em? IMO - best chip ever, beating potato and non-starchy veg by far. Kinda looks like you peeled them. What was your recipe for these?
    Yes I loved them! With some smoked paprika and salt : ) I just boiled them till soft and then added on pan with coconut oil : )

How'd it go? Details!
    <<<Totallynotgayoragossipoverhere
    We're still 'friends', but close ones : 3 Walking & talking - nothing more.....yet

wut.

Protein powder is basically just whey ground into a powder... It's just another protein source. Like sugar is a refined carb and butter is a refined fat, whey protein is little more than a refined protein.

Perhaps ask them if they think your consumption of butter will turn you into a crackhead.

Okay, I jest. If you can get some, that's great, if not, you probably don't need it - IMO, you look like you get plenty of protein anyway, arguably and most likely a lot more than necessary.
    It may take some time to persuade them. But I had another talk with mom today, and she said she needs more info and she will browse some websites to find it. I hope she will come across smth quite clever..

In all honesty, I'd say it's the squat that did you in. Seriously.

I personally bench before I squat, because squatting drains me and puts a weird pain on my left bicep (short dude problems, apparently). Maybe try that?

But CONGRATS on the squat PR! Yoiu're doing awesome!
    Tommorow I'll squat after bench and I hope it will be better. I've read smth about programmes.. And I think about 5 x 5. Maybe it would be better : 3 But I had to learn chemistry (test tommorow) so I haven't decided yet.

Thank you : 3 I hope it will go up soon!

I haven't had figs in ages, btw. How do they compare against dates?
    Dates are much sweeter and don't have those funny small seeds inside : ) Figs have more "fruity" taste than dates and are lower in sugar : )

About my cc.. I use many brands. I almost always have 4%-5% fat. But there are two options in shop. One with the liquid part, and one without. I prefer one without, because it's higher in proteins. Most often it has:
    per 100g
    18.7g protein
    4.7g fat
    3.7 carbs

I like all the same food as you do! Your menus always make me hungry. Very clean eating! Love sweet potato fries and figs. Figs are wicked expensive here, though.
    We should cook something together : 3 Thank you for reading my journal! : D

How is the physics going with u btw, its my least fav science!!
    And like shadownight said WE WANT MORE DETAILS!!
    And ur dinner and supper look delicious , im craving salmon right nw . Ran out of it yest
    And way to go on those squats keep going !!

Ya and we want to see progress pics? Do u have old photos and compare them with photos now ?? That would be awesome to see
    My brain rather likes remembering than counting : ) So I'm better in History, Biology and Polish/English : )
    Squats are my favourites in the gym just after bench, so I enjoy doing them and adding some iron on barabell : )

I'm considering pictures, as I have some from June made on the beach in Italy. But I'm lacking on actual ones : /

Congrats! Chemistry is a bitch :P
    And tommorow I'll have another test : / Omg...

Did you educate them?
    I hope so! Teacher liked my speech so I think it was quite ok ; 3

Hmm..if you don't want to argue...you could always show your research in an unbiased way. Like Shadowknight said, it's just by product of cheesemaking. Nothing chemical at all.

I remember when I was discussing how butter is not a processed food with my dad. Technically, it is -it requires processing; however, this processing is 1. get milk 2. churn it 3. collect later. Nothing bad about it.

You could also collect positive benefits of whey protein. As well as saving budget and helping you gain muscle mass, it also has positive health benefits. A quick google search tells me this: Whey Protein Benefits, Risks, & Top Picks - BuiltLean

Tell them while you understand their concerns about it being a gateway drug (I think they are imaging that you'll start chugging the stuff while taking steroids and getting swole. There are negative connotations surrounding sports drinks; too right, some of them are junk. Whey isn't) you have done your research and reached the conclusion that this would aid you; also, since you care about your health, you would never take drugs or anything that would cause harm to your health. You're very intelligent, and they know that. Hopefully they'll understand.
    But they understand butter (me and dad are kerrygold lovers : P ), but they consider whey as chemistry, because it's powder and they think about some ripped guys who are 150 + kg when they hear it's name... I'll try to educate them, but it's long path..

Nice foods again in love with the cottage cheese mixtures!
    I need some new ideas! I consider adding some strawberries and honey maybe.. But we'll see : 3

Day Seventy Five

I had baaad day today. Why? First of all: lessons till 4 o'clock in the afternoon. 2nd thing: it was around 10C and we went outside to play some football. And now I have sore throat. 3rd I'm FRRRREAKING OUT BEFORE TOMMOROW CHEMISTRY EXAM. Omg I didn't learn enough and I have a feeling that I won't get a good mark. Soaps & stuff. Another thing is that on Saturday I'll have to go to language school for 4 hours of English as I prepare to pass CAE. It would be good to have this paper, as it would allow me to study in UK or Australia/New Zealand.

Foods today:

breakfast:

WP_20131017_001.jpg

3 hb eggs and cottage cheese (this one w/ liquid part) with banana & frozen berries

school lunch:

WP_20131017_002.jpg

two dried plums, two dried peaches, dried fig and dried pear + almonds

dinner:

WP_20131017_003.jpg

chicken thighs (around 6? 7 maybe..), + grilled chillies + cauliflower + sweet potato + 2 apples (bloating ftw)

supper (aka post kettlebell circut meal):

WP_20131017_012.jpg
    WP_20131017_011.jpg

cottage cheese with banana and LOAD of berries (cc without liquids --> 200g ---> 42 g of protein) + pear + apple + two cups of cocoa w/gelatin

Hope you enjoyed pics & info : 3 Thanks for reading ; 3
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

We're still 'friends', but close ones : 3 Walking & talking - nothing more.....yet :D
    Soooon! Bide your time ;)

One with the liquid part, and one without. I prefer one without, because it's higher in proteins.
    I've only ever had the one with the liquid part. I've asked my mum to get the one without next time, because I think it tastes better. And now I know it's higher in protein - bonus :D

I'm considering pictures, as I have some from June made on the beach in Italy. But I'm lacking on actual ones : /
    I suppose you could start now, taking one every week or two?

And tommorow I'll have another test : / Omg...
    I hope so! Teacher liked my speech so I think it was quite ok ; 3
    I think you'll be OK! You seem to be very studious, so you're more than likely just nervous.

Huh, maybe someone actually took something away from it all :D nice job!

But they understand butter (me and dad are kerrygold lovers : P ), but they consider whey as chemistry, because it's powder and they think about some ripped guys who are 150 + kg when they hear it's name... I'll try to educate them, but it's long path..
    Haha, my dad is a secret Kerrygold lover - never a one to profess his love for an "unhealthy fat" but whenever he feels is socially acceptable, eg buttering a scone, he slathers the stuff on :D

I can understand that because it does conjure up that image; it's rather reactionary. They'll sure come around with enough persistence. And your mum said she'll do some research - all reliable resarch shows no bad side effects, apart from some possible problems if you have a lactose intolerance; as well as problems with kidneys if you are already unheathly, which you are not.

Btw, do your parents eat primal?

I need some new ideas! I consider adding some strawberries and honey maybe.. But we'll see : 3
    Maybe add some cacao powder :D melt them together...cheesy chocolatey sludge ;P
    I had baaad day today. Why? First of all: lessons till 4 o'clock in the afternoon. 2nd thing: it was around 10C and we went outside to play some football. And now I have sore throat. 3rd I'm FRRRREAKING OUT BEFORE TOMMOROW CHEMISTRY EXAM. Omg I didn't learn enough and I have a feeling that I won't get a good mark. Soaps & stuff. Another thing is that on Saturday I'll have to go to language school for 4 hours of English as I prepare to pass CAE. It would be good to have this paper, as it would allow me to study in UK or Australia/New Zealand.
    Aww :( take some honey for your sore throat. *apparently* it works but I cannot personally attest :P and like I said before, I'm sure you'll be OK for your chemistry exam. As for languages, your English is excellent. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hope you enjoyed pics & info : 3 Thanks for reading ; 3
    Always love looking at your CC photos Adrian - you truly are CC King ;D

Good luck on ur chemistry exam, I actually do love chemistry bt after biology , BIO IS THE BEST !! :P
    AND U DID IT AGAIN!!
    Im drooling all over my phone

Oh and the pics ait would be better say 3 or 2 weeks apart bec u could then see actual progress id prfer 3 weeks. Bt take one nw and post it with the beach pic

Oh and crossinf my fingers for u for the girl it seems that u really like her and she likes u

Last edited by egyption grok; 10-17-2013 at 05:46 PM.

I've only ever had the one with the liquid part. I've asked my mum to get the one without next time, because I think it tastes better. And now I know it's higher in protein - bonus
    Yes, I agree : ) Mine looks like this (without any additions):

WP_20131018_004.jpg

20g protein/100g : 3

I think you'll be OK! You seem to be very studious, so you're more than likely just nervous.

Huh, maybe someone actually took something away from it all nice job!
    It was quite easy tbh : ) I think I'll get B+ or A- : 3 I didn't mess up reactions and stuff. Only 'counting' part could go wrong.

Btw, do your parents eat primal?
    My mother eats ALMOST primal, I mean she sometimes has a slice of bread (like once a month - really rare) and some sweetened milk products. But my dad... he is grain lover. He eats a lot of bread, tons of cookies etc., pancakes. But he is looking really good.. Idk how it's possible... Maybe because he loves sports..

Maybe add some cacao powder melt them together...cheesy chocolatey sludge ;P
    Today supper will be cc with mango, strawberries and cocoa powder ; 3 Can't wait any second longer !

Aww take some honey for your sore throat. *apparently* it works but I cannot personally attest :P and like I said before, I'm sure you'll be OK for your chemistry exam. As for languages, your English is excellent. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Thank you so much. I feel better today. Since I started eating paleo/primal I haven't been ill even once xd So around 9 months without visiting other doctor than my allergologist ; 3

Always love looking at your CC photos Adrian - you truly are CC King ;D
    Thank you! I love your photos too !

Good luck on ur chemistry exam, I actually do love chemistry bt after biology , BIO IS THE BEST !! :P
    AND U DID IT AGAIN!!
    Im drooling all over my phone

Oh and the pics ait would be better say 3 or 2 weeks apart bec u could then see actual progress id prfer 3 weeks. Bt take one nw and post it with the beach pic
    Thank you, as I said before it wasn't as hard as I expected : ) Ok I made some pics today (aren't best quality.. but.. ) and there is some progress. Also I checked my weight today - it's up - 68,5 kg - I gained around 0,5 kg in last three weeks. But my waist didn't change. I still wear 28/29 size (around 75 cm).

June 2013:
    IMG_6016.jpg

Now:
    WP_20131018_012.jpg

I see some more mass..

Foods today (without supper YET)

breakfast:

WP_20131018_006.jpg

cottage cheese with banana and berries and Harzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Harzer cheese : 3

school lunch:

WP_20131018_002.jpg

dates + almonds (favourite combo I think : D)
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

dinner (post workout, sorry for bad quality : ( ):

WP_20131018_013.jpg

DAMN man ur lookin hhhhot
    And ya the progress is awesome great work there I swear this is really inspiring cant wait to see furthur progress :3!!

And how do u make the cocoa with gelatin , when I tried to make coffee with gelatin and milk I got a amazing layer of foam on top but then there was a disgusting layer of oil/water have no idea , between the foam and coffe ...long story short... bleh !!

Yes, I agree : ) Mine looks like this (without any additions):

20g protein/100g : 3
    That looks amazing how much do you eat per day?

It was quite easy tbh : ) I think I'll get B+ or A- : 3 I didn't mess up reactions and stuff. Only 'counting' part could go wrong.
    Nice job

My mother eats ALMOST primal, I mean she sometimes has a slice of bread (like once a month - really rare) and some sweetened milk products. But my dad... he is grain lover. He eats a lot of bread, tons of cookies etc., pancakes. But he is looking really good.. Idk how it's possible... Maybe because he loves sports..
    I wish I could get my parents to eat that way! And hmm, maybe your dad has good genetics? Probably

Today supper will be cc with mango, strawberries and cocoa powder ; 3 Can't wait any second longer !
    Omgg, that will be so delicious...I'm jealous ;D

Thank you so much. I feel better today. Since I started eating paleo/primal I haven't been ill even once xd So around 9 months without visiting other doctor than my allergologist ; 3
    No problem. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Paleo really does help with illness! Before, when I was eating CW and training constantly, I was ill 6-10 times peryear, and sometimes quite badly. Now if I feel unwell, it lasts maybe a day or two. No illness. (Yet. Touch wood)

Thank you! I love your photos too !
    Aw thanks, but they're nowt compared to yours, shadowknight's, or EG's ;/

Thank you, as I said before it wasn't as hard as I expected : ) Ok I made some pics today (aren't best quality.. but.. ) and there is some progress. Also I checked my weight today - it's up - 68,5 kg - I gained around 0,5 kg in last three weeks. But my waist didn't change. I still wear 28/29 size (around 75 cm).
    Strongly agree with EG. :P

I wouldnt dismiss your progress! You're looking really good and strong :-) keep it up!

Foods are looking delicious again can't wait to see your supper!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    We're still 'friends', but close ones : 3 Walking & talking - nothing more.....yet

Tommorow I'll squat after bench and I hope it will be better. I've read smth about programmes.. And I think about 5 x 5. Maybe it would be better : 3 But I had to learn chemistry (test tommorow) so I haven't decided yet.
    Keep working at it, dude! You have my best wishes! You like her, go for her - show her how awesome you are.

5x5 is a pretty good programme. To be honest, I'd recommend "IceCreamFitness Novice Programme". Try googling, it's very good.

[QUOTE=Adrian;1340603]
    I need some new ideas! I consider adding some strawberries and honey maybe.. But we'll see : 3/QUOTE]

Can confirm both of those are amazing with CC.

I see what you mean.

Again, as I said - it's not really necessary at all. Hell, with the amount of CC you eat daily I'm willing to wager you get 200g+ proteinz a day, anyway Besides, CC > Protein powder any day.

Another thing is that on Saturday I'll have to go to language school for 4 hours of English as I prepare to pass CAE. It would be good to have this paper, as it would allow me to study in UK or Australia/New Zealand.
    DO IT.

Activity level + height and weight + food intake = body composition. Odds are his intake, regardless if from primal foods are not, are just enough to meet his needs.

June 2013:
    IMG_6016.jpg

Now:
    WP_20131018_012.jpg

I see some more mass.. : D
    Congratulations, Adrian, on your amazing progress!

You look great in your latest pic! A hell of a lot better than before - you look way too skinny in that first pic, your ribs are showing and everything. But now? Now you look strong. You look strong, look like you've been training hard and eating like a King (of CC). If you look this great now, I'm just trying to imagine how awesome you'll look at that goal you set of 75kg.

You've made all kindzzzz of muscle gainz. I'm incredibly happy for you - keep it up!

Foods today (without supper YET)

breakfast:

cottage cheese with banana and berries and Harzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Harzer cheese : 3

school lunch:

dates + almonds (favourite combo I think : D)
    You know you always make me want CC, regardless of the time of day or how full I am? Cheers :P Delicious eats as always!

Have a great day, Adrian! Keep the excellent work!
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast