Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardgainer is trying to gain - Adrian's Journal page 19

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    With the amount of exercise you are doing Mark recommends more carbs then 150, I think it is something like up to 100 extra. So adding some is not wrong. And as long as you are not getting fat and feel good you are doing fine, don't stress about exact amounts and counting, trust your body.
    Sunflower seeds are primal and a good source of vitamin E. Quick and Easy Mushroom Sauce | Mark's Daily Apple
    Cashews are also primal Is It All Just a “Paleofantasy”? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Have a nice weekend
    Thank you for that links! I didn't know that sunflower seeds are so high in PUFA's O.o I have to learn to listen to my body again, as after some time with eating disorders it's somehow deconstructed : /
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Eating raw onions is nothing strange in Poland xD Really, baby onions are very good raw too..
    I personally prefer mine fried/caremilised in butter...delicious. I've had them raw in side salads before, I'll admit they have a nice tang to them.

MUCH better. Really sweet : D Thank you for this idea!
    Glad you did! My fave sweet cottage cheese is with dried fruit and frozen blueberries/raspberries, maybe a drizzle of honey. Mixed in some apples, once, wasn't too bad.

I'm not a big fan of potatoes, but I like yams a lot. But I was very unlucky this week and I couldn't spot them anywhere in shops. Tommorow maybe...
    I never like them, either, til I learnt how to cook'em. You can probably make yam chips, too. Do you like white rice? That would - no, that does go well with salmon.

You inspired me to have fish for dinner btw. Probably gonna do what I suggested with you and have a crapton of taters or something :P Nom, cheers.

There are some benches, barabells, dumbbells, rowing machine, cycling machine, bars and a cable machine.
    Hmm, have you tried barbell squatting yet? Military press? IMHO Barbell = best piece of equipment. Can be used for just about anything... even a spear, if you were a homicidal murder or something.

That couldn't be funny xd I hope it was some kind of...

Thank you for posting here I really appericate your help!
    Nah, it was funny later, but at the time it was hellish. Every time I get glutened I feel like I literally want to die. It's like gut's being torn up and thrown around, I hate it. But later her stepdad and I laughed about it.

It is my pleasure, Adrian, now you just keep up the good work, yeah?

BTW, how are the gains going? Gone up at all?
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Looks like another awesome day of food Adrian! Agreed with Shadowknight - dat salmon. Mmmmm.

435 years of school history...wow. My school had a really boring one and only for 50 years. i imagine the atmosphere was a one of anaesthesia

Have a good day!

Hmm, have you tried barbell squatting yet? Military press? IMHO Barbell = best piece of equipment. Can be used for just about anything... even a spear, if you were a homicidal murder or something.
    Nope, idk how to do barabell squatting alone. I think some assistance would be needed. I love doing clean and jerks with it!

Nah, it was funny later, but at the time it was hellish. Every time I get glutened I feel like I literally want to die. It's like gut's being torn up and thrown around, I hate it. But later her stepdad and I laughed about it.

It is my pleasure, Adrian, now you just keep up the good work, yeah?

BTW, how are the gains going? Gone up at all?
    Not carb, not fats, but GLUTEN is the real evil in our world ;/
    I'll check my weight tommorow, I hope for smth around 68 - 69 kg

Looks like another awesome day of food Adrian! Agreed with Shadowknight - dat salmon. Mmmmm.

435 years of school history...wow. My school had a really boring one and only for 50 years. i imagine the atmosphere was a one of anaesthesia

Have a good day!
    425 years of boring history is much worse than 50 years xd I bought more salmon today! The best fish ever : 3

Day Sixty Four (To be countinued later)

I woke up around seven in the morning. Again it was very cold outside (-1,5C). All the flowers are DEAD Only a few pink roses are still looking great! Anyway, I did some shopping in the morning. I mean a lot of. I bought some chicken livers, avocados, mango, bananas, pork hams, whole chicken for tommorow roast and 40 eggs! Also some salmon, rainbow trout and a lot of cottage cheese. But I haven't found yams... ..again. When I was back at home I had to learn. Like 4 hours. I had serious brain fog, so I fueled it with figs, chocolate and coffee... And now I'm considering learning or having a rest. But I think I'll have to spend some more time on mythology and geography today. Also I need to make some kettlebell exercises. But not yet.. : / School first...

Meals today (till 4 o'clock in the afternoon)
    breakfast: goat cheese, sliced pork roast, pear, carrots
    WP_20131005_002.jpg
    WP_20131005_004.jpg
    WP_20131005_006.jpg
    lunch (a.k.a. brain fuel) - dried figs, around 25g of 90% chocolate
    WP_20131005_007.jpg
    WP_20131005_009.jpg
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

dinner: chicken livers with grilled chilli and spaghetti squash (I had WAY MORE liver ofc, I made nice looking portion just to make a picture of it )
    WP_20131005_010.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !

So later I learned geography till 6.30 in the evening... Then I had my daily workout - 30 minutes kettlebell conditioning this time!
    And afterwards - post workout snack: cottage cheese with banana and dried figs
    WP_20131005_011.jpg
    Supper was very easy: hb egg, two pears (caught only one on photo rest was in my stomach too fast) and some raw carrots
    WP_20131005_012.jpg

Tommorow I'm gonna hit the gym and make some bench press and clean & jerks!
    I'll post my results tommorow!
    Have a nice night everyone : 3
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-05-2013 at 01:24 PM.

The meals look amazing! Love the look of the cottage cheese and banana. Nice to see you're also showing some dark chocolate love that chocolate is pretty nice - the Polish girl in my school brought me some back when she went home to see her family. Have you ever tried Green & Black's 85%? Omggggg it's good.

Btw - geography sounds rough. Je deteste la geographie! So glad I didn't take it in school :') it's really boring when all you study is rivers....

Looking forward to see your meals for today!

The meals look amazing! Love the look of the cottage cheese and banana. Nice to see you're also showing some dark chocolate love that chocolate is pretty nice - the Polish girl in my school brought me some back when she went home to see her family. Have you ever tried Green & Black's 85%? Omggggg it's good.

Btw - geography sounds rough. Je deteste la geographie! So glad I didn't take it in school :') it's really boring when all you study is rivers....

Looking forward to see your meals for today!
    Thank you It's such a pit that you can't eat those bananas... But you can eat figs & dates! They are MUCH MUCH sweeter !
    Yeah, dark chocolate is pretty good thing.. No .. G&B is not in polish stores... ]

I hate geography, but today I had to study chemistry and German... Omg I hate school sometimes...

Day Sixty Five

How to easily overeat - simple guide by Adrian.
    Hello there Today I ate pretty damn TOO MUCH. But I have some excuses.
    In the morning I woke up at 7 o'clock. I slept pretty good, but idk why, it was really hot. I mean the temperature was ok, but my body.. it just burned. I had to drink a lot. I read some articles, about carbs causing strange behaviours like that. It didn't feel uncomfortable, just strange.
    At 9 there was a holy mass. I went to the church with parents, the weather was pretty nice - around 12 C, but cloudy. Later we went to supermarket, and guess what... I BOUGHT SOME YAMS! Finnally. Also, we visited furniture store, because soon we are going to rent our apartment and we need some equipment. I hope we will find some people to move in there quite quickly. After shopping I had pre-workout meal and headed to the gym. What I've been doing there:
    cleans & jerks: 40 kg - 5 x 10
    deadlifts: 70 kg - 2 x 10
    hanging leg raises: 5 x 10
    chest press with dumbbells: 15 kg - 15 x 6
    flys with dumbbells: 15 kg - 6 x 15

When I got home I saw a prety chicken in the oven, with some extra wings and spaghetti squash...... Also some boiled carrots were waiting to be eaten.
    I ate too much. I know it and I feel some kind of guilt, coming from my previous eating disorders.
    Argh... And mom bought some grapes, which I was snacking through entire day. But who cares. Nevermind : )
    Anyway, tommorow I'll have a big chemistry test. I'm really afraid of it. I mean REALLY STRESSED. I know that marks in first class in high school aren't really important... but something in my head tells me that I've got to have only A's and B's... Idk how I'll manage.

Foods today:
    breakfast: mango and goat cheese, topped with diced dried figs
    WP_20131006_004.jpg
    pre-workout: apple and hb egg
    WP_20131006_005.jpg
    dinner (way too big): whole chicken with 4-5 extra wings, spaghetti squash, boiled carrots
    WP_20131006_013.jpg
    WP_20131006_014.jpg
    supper: cottage cheese with banana, leftovers squash topped with melted cheese (not on pics : ( )
    WP_20131006_015.jpg

It was so easy to eat too much lol But to be honest: I enjoyed munchin all this stuff. Don't judge me please : )

Have a nice night everyone! And le'ts start this week positively :3 !

Thank you It's such a pit that you can't eat those bananas... But you can eat figs & dates! They are MUCH MUCH sweeter !
    Yeah, dark chocolate is pretty good thing.. No .. G&B is not in polish stores... ]

I hate geography, but today I had to study chemistry and German... Omg I hate school sometimes...
    I haven't actually tried figs or dates yet, I'll have to get some soon!

And aw, that's a shame! Best damn dark chocolate I've ever had. :P

Agreed about school, it can be such a pain sometimes -.-

Re today: you ate what your body wanted today. You didn't eat "too much" you ate right. Your body wanted calories from good clean food, and you gave your what it needed. You fuelled for your exercise, for your growing. It's absolutely fine! Somedays we eat more, some less. All is fine :3 don't worry about it at all. Besides, that food looks teh nomz.

Also, I think you'll do well in chemistry. You're really smart, and from the grades you get, you seem to be good at it so just relax and get a good night's sleep and I'm sure you'll ace it.

Goodnight! Have a good one

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Nope, idk how to do barabell squatting alone. I think some assistance would be needed. I love doing clean and jerks with it! : D
    I'd recommend learning. They're really fun! And one of the best lifts.

Not carb, not fats, but GLUTEN is the real evil in our world ;/
    I'll check my weight tommorow, I hope for smth around 68 - 69 kg
    That made me giggle. Not carbs, not fats but a protein! is the evil in this word. :P

Lemme know how it goes. I myself weighed in at 62.2 this morning - don't let me gain the next kilo before you do! :3

lunch (a.k.a. brain fuel) - dried figs, around 25g of 90% chocolate
    WAAAAAAANT!!!!

And hey, I notice we nearly cross-posted, so 'll reply to the latest

Yeah, dark chocolate is pretty damn good thing.. No .. G&B is not in polish stores... ]
    *Fixed :P And while you don't have G&B, you seem to have 90% handy. Jealous much.

Day Sixty Five
    After shopping I had pre-workout meal and headed to the gym. What I've been doing there:
    cleans & jerks: 40 kg - 5 x 10
    deadlifts: 70 kg - 2 x 10
    hanging leg raises: 5 x 10
    chest press with dumbbells: 15 kg - 15 x 6
    flys with dumbbells: 15 kg - 6 x 15
    Pretty solid workout! Do you enjoy deadlifts? What's your form like? I love'em myself. Never done a clean and jerk before, though.

Foods today:
    breakfast: mango and goat cheese, topped with diced dried figs

pre-workout: apple and hb egg

dinner (way too big): whole chicken with 4-5 extra wings, spaghetti squash, boiled carrots

supper: cottage cheese with banana, leftovers squash topped with melted cheese (not on pics : ( )
    Wow. Dude, today looks excellent! 10/10, I crap you not, best day yet. Solid eats - I mean - a whole chicken! I am miring hard, dude! And kinda jealous. Last time I got to do something like that was last Christmas, and even then it was at the end of the day and because everyone else was didn't want it (ie, cold leftovers).

Solid workout, solid eats. I love it. And that cottage cheese?... You inspired me to do stuff with that again :P

How to easily overeat - simple guide by Adrian...

...When I got home I saw a prety chicken in the oven, with some extra wings and spaghetti squash...... Also some boiled carrots were waiting to be eaten.
    ...I ate too much. I know it and I feel some kind of guilt, coming from my previous eating disorders.
    Argh... And mom bought some grapes, which I was snacking through entire day. But who cares. Nevermind : )
    Anyway, tommorow I'll have a big chemistry test. I'm really afraid of it. I mean REALLY STRESSED. I know that marks in first class in high school aren't really important... but something in my head tells me that I've got to have only A's and B's... Idk how I'll manage.
    It was so easy to eat too much lol But to be honest: I enjoyed munchin all this stuff. Don't judge me please :
    !
    No one's judging you, bud.

You're a sixteen year old boy. Not only that, but you're a sixteen year old active boy. It would be weird if you weren't eating lots of food. When I was sixteen I was chugging food down left and right - pre-coeliac diagnosis, so not the best food choices, of course, which already puts you "ahead" of others your age.

Some teenage boys eat whole pizzas, gorge themselves on buttered popcorn and crisps in the movies and devour chocolate bars. Do they care? Nope. So why in the world feel guilty about snacking on some grapes and eating a chicken? When you put it in context, it's quite silly. :P

Like I said: today was your best day yet. Keep it up, Adrian, you're doing awesome
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast