Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My doctor wants me to go vegetarian page 2

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Triglycerides down and HDL up means you win cholesterol. Get a doctor who's not an idiot. Hard to imagine better numbers than these.
    I don't think you will find a doctor who likes LDL over a 200. That is the gold standard, it seems, everything else is irrelevant.

Use doctors to treat broken bones, fractures, sprains, lacerations, heart attacks, and tumours--eat real food and worry about your own health markers. Food before pills!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    On the bright side, at least the doctor gives you the numbers. I have never had any number revealed to me by a doctor (except once, when my iron was 5 after going vegetarian, btw). It's like a top secret, even if it is my blood. Go figure.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the general sentiment. Find a new doctor. Write a letter to your old doctor telling her/him that you can't in good conscience go vegetarian because the amount of old growth forests destroyed to grow soy makes you sad and angry.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Find a new doctor. Next!

diene is offline Senior Member
    I think your numbers have clearly improved. Your doctor is retarded (as most doctors are).

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I agree with the general sentiment. Find a new doctor. Write a letter to your old doctor telling her/him that you can't in good conscience go vegetarian because the amount of old growth forests destroyed to grow soy makes you sad and angry.
    Joanie, you're the best!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know that I would go vegetarian, but what about adding more fish and maybe just in general eating a greater diversity of proteins?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    On the bright side, at least the doctor gives you the numbers. I have never had any number revealed to me by a doctor (except once, when my iron was 5 after going vegetarian, btw). It's like a top secret, even if it is my blood. Go figure.
    this truly boggles the mind

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    find a new Dr. i presume you paid for such a shitty opinion?

now
    Your Total Cholesterol of 224 is BORDERLINE
    Your LDL of 147 is BORDERLINE
    Your HDL of 70 is OPTIMAL
    Your Triglyceride level of 37 is NORMAL

RATIOS:

Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 3.20 - (preferably under 5.0, ideally under 3.5) IDEAL
    Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.476 - (preferably over 0.3, ideally over 0.4) IDEAL
    Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 0.529 - (preferably under 4, ideally under 2) IDEAL

before

Your Total Cholesterol of 219 is BORDERLINE
    Your LDL of 157 is BORDERLINE
    Your HDL of 50 is NORMAL
    Your Triglyceride level of 62 is NORMAL

RATIOS:

Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 4.38 - (preferably under 5.0, ideally under 3.5) GOOD
    Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.318 - (preferably over 0.3, ideally over 0.4) GOOD
    Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 1.240 - (preferably under 4, ideally under 2) IDEAL

Last edited by CarbDodger; 08-01-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My numbers are very similar to yours. Everything a bit higher including HDL. I have had similar numbers forever. I have been under the care of 3 doctors in the years and not one ever suggested there was anything wrong with my numbers. I think the ratios are everything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast