Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: \quette's journal page 3

groquette is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey! Those meals you post look absolutely fantastic, and are very inspiring. I'm tempted to post the occasional festive treat here... Also, I've sort of decided to try making a living salad bowl sometime soon.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Glad you enjoy my meals, I do too. If you have a way to make a box garden, or a living salad bowl I highly recommend it. Water and sun is all it needs and it tastes fantastic! Go for it! Nothing as great as picking your own produce.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Wild beach greens are exquisitely delicious. I have family in southeast Alaska, and they happen to be in love with foraging. They're doing extremely well on primal. Last time I called they were having bear steaks. They regularly feast on crabs, prawns, deer, salmon, halibut, wild berries, chicken of the woods (a fungus), various algae, and wild asparagus.

Anyway, I received a huge stock of beach greens a.k.a. wild asparagus, and fried them up in butter with garlic, mushrooms, and watercress, served it over a balsamic vinegar reduction, and holy freaking beef it was awesome.

I went ahead and took progress pictures today. I'm down a total of 47 lbs so far - in slightly less than 10 months.

10 months, side
    10 months, back

Jedi is offline Member
    awesome progress pics, you can't be far off your goal

Wow - that's an amazing transform! Grok on and keep on going on! Congrats!

My journal

I see grain people...

I don't actually have a goal other than "keep groking the primal lifestyle" :-) Totally loving how awesome this makes me feel.

Agreed - lately that has been my goal too. I am not so obsessive about weight and measurements. I think my body has reached its set point for a while, and nothing but gruelling work will change in a short amount of time. So, I just let it take the time it takes while doing the primal lifestyle.

My journal

I see grain people...

I'm 23 days into my challenge, and have done really well, if I may say so myself.

Sleep: a few nights here and there where I toss and turn and my mind is racing, but for the most part, I've been getting a good 9 hours average.

Coffee: I had a cup of fantastic coffee. It went against my challenge, but it was totally worth it. I didn't get a headache.

Food: No grains, but I've had a few servings of seasonal fruit/berries. Yum. And I currently have 4 lbs of kerrygold butter in my fridge. It goes with nearly everything, I swear!

Walks: I've been walking 2 - 4 miles a day the whole challenge so far.

Intermittent Fasting: Not really a part of my challenge, but I've sort of kept track of when I eat, and every few days I end up doing a 14 - 18 hour intermittent fast, pretty much from lack of hunger.

Every so often I realize how incredibly easy it is to do this (once the carb flu has passed, anyway). I can't believe how many years I spent reading every diet/nutrition book I came across in hopes of finding something that made sense.

Tomorrow we're going out to eat, and since 3 out of 4 of us are primal, we're heading to a decent steak house.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It turns out, the 4th member of our little dinner party had gone primal, so we had a major rib-fest. It was awesome. I think maybe I could eat baby back ribs every day for a month without getting sick of them. Unfortunately, I don't believe my financials would tolerate it, even if I figured out how to make them properly myself.

Today we completed a huge and very stressful project. We'll be winding down for about a week and then I'm taking some serious holidays.

A discussion in a different thread has me wondering if I'm allergic to being in ketosis, or whether I actually have 30 years of anti-nutrients tucked away in my adipose tissue.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast