Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: \quette's journal page 2

groquette is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was at a conference yesterday, and the chow was the usual conference fair: green salad, pasta salad, sandwiches, and deserts (cake thingies). I went ahead and filled up on green salad, and grabbed a small dose of pasta salad because it had some veggies in there (picked out the veggies, left the rest), and grabbed a sandwich and ditched the bread. There was a strawberry on the desert tray for decoration. I went ahead and grabbed that too!

All in all, a pretty decent foraging experience, all things considered.

I even managed to get in my daily walk.

Nova is offline Member
    great reading quette. I too have had a number of improvements - I'll log that in my journal later. I too am on a 30 day challenge but reading your blog makes me want to dial in even tighter. I've not enjoyed your kind of weight loss yet....so I'm paying attention!!!
    GROK STAR

Don't pay too much attention to me

I think what's working best about my approach (for me) is that I'm jumping in with both feet, but not worrying/stressing about details.

I didn't cut out coffee for the first 9 months, for example, because I love the taste. I only decided to cut it out after doing a 1 week test and realizing that I was having horrid withdrawal symptoms. Total shocker. I don't think I could have done it in the beginning though; it would have been too stressful to try to control so much at once.

It's pretty weird to be doing a fairly "restrictive diet" for 30 days without feeling restricted.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I still get to eat my favorite foods -- meat and fatty sauces.

10 days into my challenge, and I love that I can do something like this without feeling like I'm on a diet.

It feels great to walk every day. I received my copy of Convict Conditioning yesterday, so I'll be starting that program now as well, probably twice a week.

I've done my first (inadvertent) intermittent fast. Ate a ground beef stew for lunch yesterday, and haven't been hungry since. Weird and kind of neat.

I woke up with a fever yesterday, and my stomach was kind of squonky. That is the first time in 10 months that I've been ill in any shape, way, or form. I took a couple of naps, ate a steak and an omelet, went for a walk, and slept a good 10 hours at night. Feeling good again today, though.

Every time I'm in weight-loss mode I get hives. I've determined that it's completely consistent, and I seem to have to be in ketosis (i.e. burning fat pretty rapidly). My hypothesis is that my body has been stuffing toxins into the fat cells for 30 years in desperation, because it has been completely overwhelmed by the grains, and now it's all going into the blood stream. I wonder if my 24-hour bug could have come from within.

I finished reading Convict Conditioning, and did my first real workout. Well, let's be honest... it might not be a real workout for a while yet!

I am srsly out of shape.

I love the philosophy of the bodyweight progressions. I love being able to start this with the attitude of just doing it, doing it as well as I can, and, damn it, I don't care what the time frame is for results. Much like primal eating.

I like that I will be doing exactly what I'm able to do and not an ounce more. I like concentrating on perfect form, perfect cadence, being entirely in the exercise. That's the recipe for flow, if you ask me!

Also I like that sometime in the future I'm going to be one hot badass computer programmer chick.

Today I had the most fantastic pot roast. It was awesome.

Other than that, nothing to report around these parts. I eat, I sleep, I walk, I program. Life is great.

I had some cherries recently, and they were superbly delicious. They also didn't stall my weight loss at all, which was a surprise and a delight -- previously even that amount of sugar would keep me from burning fat for about a week.

Interesting journey!

I've lost 8 lbs since the beginning of my challenge. That's less than 3 weeks, which is pretty amazing, considering the word on the street is that if you're female and not in your 20's you can't lose weight quickly.

My two pairs of jeans are now so large that I really shouldn't wear them in public. They're size 12, I think, and they were too small 10 months ago. I wore them anyway, damn the muffin tops.

I have one other pair of jeans -- size 4. I can't wear them yet, but it's getting pretty damn close.

I can't afford to go buy clothing right now, but my wardrobe is down to 3 dresses that I kind of rotate and try to make last the whole week, along with the ginormous jeans for when I'm working from home. Maybe the size 4 jeans will fit this time next month, that should expand my options quite a bit.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    *peeks in, read up and bookmarks* Hey there - good to read your journal!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast