Thread: Opinion Police & Experience-sharing Police page

Ariana30 is offline Senior Member

Opinion Police & Experience-sharing Police

Shop Now
    Is anyone else annoyed by all the anonymous message board nags who write lecture-responses to people's comments, nagging them to not to say this, don't say that, be more reserved, more this, less that, and bla, bla, etc. A nag is worse than a troll; for he/she lives online to nit-pick other's opinions and sharing. Trolls can at least be funny, and ultimately will never rhym with the word "hag," the kind of thing most all humans really dislike.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I agree. I am here to share opinions. We know it's the internet. Why do people try to command respect and crap? I'm just here to yell my thoughts. If you don't like what I say, just move on. No need to tell me not to eat with my elbows on the table. That's just starting a fight. Which is why I ingore those comments.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I agree. I am here to share opinions.
    But our opinions can be improved though input from others. We're on this forum also to learn and to teach, specifically about food. The nags don't bother me much, because I either am able to learn from them or not.

Waaaaaaaait a second. You're nagging the nags about nagging... I'm so confused!!!!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, but what about the people that are just plain disrespectful and rude? Are we allowed to nag them?

Lady D is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariana30 View Post
    Is anyone else annoyed by all the anonymous message board nags who write lecture-responses to people's comments, nagging them to not to say this, don't say that, be more reserved, more this, less that, and bla, bla, etc.
    Depends, it's ace when I do, can be annoying if it's done by anyone else - which is exactly what we ALL think, all the time, about our own little personality quirks online, as witnessed by you nagging yourself, OP! lol

My biggest bugbear is passive aggressive posts that hint "some people here" are doing X, Y and Z without naming names.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Yeah, but what about the people that are just plain disrespectful and rude? Are we allowed to nag them?
    Allowed to? Do whatever you want. People will live by their own rules. The only ones that matter here are the forum rules and how you respond to them.

I just get irritated when people complain about things, flat-out, full-stop, that's all. There's no such thing as internet etiquette.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'm here cause of the lack of moderation. Someone tells you "to watch how you say" something, or tries to censure you in any manner you have every right to tell them where to SHUV IT. Heck but it cuts both ways. They can tell you your opinion is crap too. Its all good.

I ditched paleohacks due to overmoderation quite a while back. I like people being able to state their mind.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 08-01-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    I like to be up front with my opinions, but respectful. My troll radar isn't so good (Trolldar?), so unless it's really just someone out to pick a fight, I try to answer with respect.

A good portion of the problems in our society is the general populace acting badly, demanding more than they deserve, and just being all around dickheads/dumbasses, expecting everyone to "do" for them.

We should be able to express ourselves without name calling, and just arguing a moot point (like the thread about Steve Jobs, were one poster-I don't remember who- went on and on putting SJ down, along with Apple products. SJ was a family friend of Paleobird, and some respect should have been paid to losing her friend, rather than being a horses ass about the whole thing, which was off topic anyway). No matter that we are pseudonyms and faceless on the other side of the screen, we are all people too. We all have our thoughts and feelings, and we can share those in a mature manner.

Dang, I named called in my posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady D View Post
    Depends, it's ace when I do, can be annoying if it's done by anyone else - which is exactly what we ALL think, all the time, about our own little personality quirks online, as witnessed by you nagging yourself, OP! lol

My biggest bugbear is passive aggressive posts that hint "some people here" are doing X, Y and Z without naming names.
    We all have our "bugbears" (haven't heard that one before, but I like). I can't be for certain, but it sounds like your bugbear is passive aggressive behavior. At any rate, regarding my posting, anonymous whose don't concern me, I don't know them. It's a general complaint clearly felt by others too.

I'm generally not one to gripe online about online things. Yes, it does irritate me when people lecture others online who are just sharing their experiences and opinions. To read attacks on people sharing their personal stories sounds utterly shrill in my head. My bugbear is: oppression of ideas and openness.
    Last edited by Ariana30; 08-01-2013 at 09:18 PM.