Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected sources of wheat... Makes me frustrated! page

Aingealag is offline Member

Angry Unexpected sources of wheat... Makes me frustrated!

Shop Now
    I've been trying very hard the past 6 weeks to stay away from glutinous grains -especially wheat- and then today I catch a glimpse of the ingredients label of my cough lozenges that I take for my chronic sore throat... and I see WHEAT on the ingredients list! What the #%$* is wheat doing in my cough lozenge?!?! Argh, makes me angry!

Sorry about the rant, I knew grains are in soooo many processed foods, but this was the last place I expected wheat! Feels like I have to go through every label with a fine-tooth comb to make sure I don't un-do all my good efforts...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yep. Manufacturers will also change their ingredients frequently without a warning on the front. Gotta read every time you buy.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I wonder why there's gluten in many bacon brands - helps hold it together ???

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    buy a horehound plant

mash it up with honey and beeswax

laugh at the stupid people who dont know what you know
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    laugh at the stupid people who dont know what you know
    Why be so arrogant ? When people don't know something, it does not make them stupid, they simply don't have the knowledge. Do you know anything about the quark-gluon plasma created for 10^-23 sec in ultra-relativistic heavy ion collisions ? No ? Do you feel stupid ?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Why be so arrogant ? When people don't know something, it does not make them stupid, they simply don't have the knowledge. Do you know anything about the quark-gluon plasma created for 10^-23 sec in ultra-relativistic heavy ion collisions ? No ? Do you feel stupid ?
    I think there's something wrong with you. He was talking about making his own throat lozenge, not the origins of the universe. And he was talking about knowing a secret, not being smarter than anyone. Quelsen was being funny, and you need to get laid so you won't be so uptight.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think there's something wrong with you.
    Let me know what.

He was talking about making his own throat lozenge, not the origins of the universe.
    I was not talking about the origins of the universe either but asked if he knew about a certain topic.

And he was talking about knowing a secret, not being smarter than anyone.
    Never did I suggest he was telling about being smarter than anyone. Your words.

Quelsen was being funny
    That's probably a matter of taste. Calling people stupid because they don't know his "secret" (your word) is not funny to my mind.

and you need to get laid so you won't be so uptight.
    Well, thanks for the advice. Here is mine: maybe what YOU need is to f..ck off.

Lady D is offline Senior Member
    Guys, come on, don't escalate this, it's hard to judge what's a joke or not on the internet anyway, and we all have different humour, please don't derail the thread.

It never occured to me a cough lozenge might have gluten in, I assumed they'd just be more made of sugar - OP, are they chewy at all, the ones you bought?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Let me know what.
    Well, I already posited a guess at the end of my first post.

I was not talking about the origins of the universe either but asked if he knew about a certain topic.
    Do you really not see a difference between your example of theoretical physics and Quelsen's cough drop recipe?

Never did I suggest he was telling about being smarter than anyone. Your words.
    You called him arrogant. Arrogant. About a cough drop recipe. Unwad your knickers, sir.

That's probably a matter of taste. Calling people stupid because they don't know his "secret" (your word) is not funny to my mind.
    Use your super scientist smarts to look up the word "Facetious."

Well, thanks for the advice. Here is mine: maybe what YOU need is to f..ck off.
    Why do I need that? You mean you would like me to fuck off. But fortunately, you don't own all the electrons, even if you're good at copying and pasting fancy words about subatomic particles.

In other words, make me

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    America isn't the manufacturing powerhouse it once was. So much is made overseas. The problem is manufacturing and processing plants these days handle the weirdest things. You'll have one manufacturing plant that processes walnuts, light bulbs, screwdrivers, cough drops, crackers, throw rugs and refrigerators. The walnuts and cough drops will have to be labeled that they may be contaminated with wheat because crackers exist somewhere in the plant and they may at some point share equipment - by law, because it is one of the allergens that must be labeled. The screwdrivers, light bulbs, throw rugs and refrigerators won't because you won't eat them

Seriously, it's shocking the completely random crap some processing plants process.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast