Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected sources of wheat... Makes me frustrated! page 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Seriously, it's shocking the completely random crap some processing plants process.
    I know they had a dog food recall because of melamine contamination (Chinese manufacturing). I wish they had to label where things were manufactured.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

KT79 is offline Member
    This is a good source if you want to check the gluten-free status of over-the-counter stuff, like cough drops and cold medicine:

http://glutenfreedrugs.com/Walgreensgflist.pdf

I have celiac and I use it as a reference frequently. Ricola is my cough drop of choice, and all their flavors are gluten free.

mike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    buy a horehound plant

mash it up with honey and beeswax

laugh at the stupid people who dont know what you know
    I avoid as much as possible anything that has a list of ingredients on it.

...and get that throat looked at by a doctor! Maybe your sore throat is is due to the wheat in the cough drops.

Aingealag is offline Member
    Lady D: nope, they're the hard kind you suck on.

And it's not like they may have traces of wheat in them because they were made in a processing plant that also does wheat products, no; there is actually a wheat-derived ingredient in it.

I did get my throat looked at and there's not much they can do about it apparently... Long story, but I might get a 2nd opinion. One of the health issues I was hoping going Primal would solve... Maybe it still will, it's only been 6 weeks.

Thanks for the tips guys

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If you are celiac or something you just have to learn to be extremely vigilant. If you are not, then a mistake like that isn't the end of the world. I'm pretty sure some of the dishes I tried at a potluck last night had some flour in them. It's not going to kill me, but I did notice that my gluten-free friend did not eat any of the potluck last night, so that's probably how she ensures she doesn't make a mistake.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I felt the same way when I found out that my "Tuna in Water" actually had soy in it. Pissed to the point that I haven't bought any tuna (except one can of skipjack that I didn't like) since last summer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Why be so arrogant ? When people don't know something, it does not make them stupid, they simply don't have the knowledge. Do you know anything about the quark-gluon plasma created for 10^-23 sec in ultra-relativistic heavy ion collisions ? No ? Do you feel stupid ?
    I know it was fairly expensive, didn't last long, and created more questions than it answered, which is good science. I also know that if they keep on they will create a totally new universe which will start the process all over again

but to be serious completing a study of this energy will probably be the foundation of a 5th force as the weak and strong nuclear forces dont seem to cover what was found down there.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I avoid as much as possible anything that has a list of ingredients on it.

...and get that throat looked at by a doctor! Maybe your sore throat is is due to the wheat in the cough drops.
    my arrogant assumption is that if i didnt make it it will probably compromise my health
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    my arrogant assumption is that if i didnt make it it will probably compromise my health
    Not arrogant at all; more like sensibele, normal, perhaps even boring and unremarkable.... or should be.

Lady D is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Aingealag View Post
    I did get my throat looked at and there's not much they can do about it apparently... Long story, but I might get a 2nd opinion. One of the health issues I was hoping going Primal would solve... Maybe it still will, it's only been 6 weeks.
    Do you always breathe through your nose? You probably won't believe anyone could be so dumb but right to my early 20's I used to mainly breathe through my mouth, especially at night and asleep, and had constant sore throats - an old Indian dude who was into yoga & pranayama told me to breathe through my nose all the time, unless I had a cold or whatever, and it cleared my constant sore throat up in about a month. You're probably smarter than I was but thought I'd throw it in!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast