Primal living and carbon footprint

Primal Fuel
    What kind of an effect does it have?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I would imagine a good one if you buy local, organic, and follow guidelines like that. It's all the commercial farms and GMO that has a blatant disregard for our environment.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    No more or less than anyone else, imo. It all depends on the choices you make. The one who buys meat and vegies that are in season and locally sourced, or grown themselves, or harvested from the wild has a significantly lower footprint than someone getting their fruit shipped in from Ecuador and eating tofu made from soybeans from big ag. At the same time, if you're buying CAFO meat and the same fruit from Ecuador, then yeah.

Lady D is offline Senior Member
    Offset it against the money, resources and all the evils of drug development that are wasted battling obesity caused by incorrect diet, the medical research which involves horrible deaths for tens of thousands of lab animals, only to turn out products that won't even make it to clinical trials... and, I doubt whether those mobility scooters, dialysis machines, or the whole range of bariatric gear needed by massively obese people is very great either.

I looked into raw vegan food and right away, the sheer reliance upon air-mile heavy foods like avocadoes, nuts and other things outright appalled me, apart from the fuel it seemed such a dependent way of living, and one thing that I always hated about being vegetarian was that very few pulses grow naturally in the British Isles, so all my core staples like lentils and kidney beans were being imported, whereas now I can eat a cow that was born, raised and slaughtered not 20 miles from here.

For the bigger picture, I personally think that we're headed towards an ice age, based on various reading including (to reference something some of you may have to hand) the chart in Gedgaudas's book, but I realise that's a fringe opinion and won't carry much weight with most people.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    A larger foot print indicates a bigger member I am told.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!