Thread: Bulletproof Hot Cocoa: If it has 3 g carbs do you lose the effect? page

firetiger is offline Senior Member

Bulletproof Hot Cocoa: If it has 3 g carbs do you lose the effect?

Primal Fuel
    I have been drinking Bulletproof coffee (with 1 T KG butter & 1 T coco oil) and enjoyed it but didn't want the mega dose of caffeine. I switched to a BP hot cocoa with 1 T natural unsweetened cocoa powder, butter, coco oil & dash cinnamon. I noticed that a T of cocoa powder has 3 g carbs (not sugar but still carbs). I know that BP coffee is a way of IFing because you are only consuming fats. Would this not produce the same IF effect because it has 3 g carbs?
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    At a low enough level it might be OK. Compare it to regular bulletproof coffee or tea and see if you feel a difference. You could also try to offset the small amount of sugar with more MCT oil.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    I feel the same. It keeps me satiated until about noon when I eat my first meal of the day. I just know that the reasoning behind BP coffee is to keep the body fasting by only feeding it fats...so I wondered if the very small about of non-sugar carbohydrates (3 g) in the cocoa powder would negate this effect.
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Probably not a big deal. And, if you like the taste better with cocoa powder, then it's worth it even if it does make a fraction of a difference.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    As Dave Asprey would say, try it and see if makes you feel bulletproof. I don't know if he has any advice on this, but make sure you use high quality chocolate to avoid toxins.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app