Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you resist temptation? page 2

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is deeper than food dahrlin

food didnt cause it

food wont cure it
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    First - don't let anything bad even get close to your home fridge. Clean out the wrong foods you may have left from SAD past.

I've had a bad day, I deserve something
    - make that "something" a nice gift for yourself, something you have wanted a long time. For me that would be new parfume, earrings, maybe a dress. May be cheap but from all my heart to myself.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    The evil within is too strong to fight. The only way to win is to deny it battle.

M.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I sometimes give in, sometimes I'm able to resist. If I find I'm unable to resist and I really want to, I go for a walk or do something that takes me away from the temptation. Lastly, just don't have the thing in the house.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Just give in to the binge from time to time. It won't kill you. We all have grown up with certain comfort foods that we enjoyed, and there is no reason not to have them on occasion.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My fridge is always full, and my supper is always planned. I have a family to feed. I don't even remember the times when i had to be responsible just for myself and could do things like having an ice-cream for supper. You know, shit, maybe you should enjoy it & not worry about 'binges' and 'oh, horror, I had some watermelon, what if I will want more watermelon tomorrow, OMG!'.

I've had a bad day, I deserve something
    A strategy recommended by Susan Alberts is to change the deservedness into gratitude. It actually makes a total sense. I suggest checking out her books, they are fantastic in their all inclusive and practical approach to mind traps surrounding the eating driven by the brain.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-01-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Lady D is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    We all have grown up with certain comfort foods that we enjoyed, and there is no reason not to have them on occasion.
    My mum used to do baked jacket potatoes most Saturdays, loaded up with grated cheese, butter and salad cream, it was a very happy memory in a sketchy childhood, and later on I started getting into having a weekend pizza, I love garlic so that was my "take" on the old cheese-loaded comfort food...

When I cut out gluten I experimented and found that melting a few slices of really strong cheddar on a Pyrex plate, then studding them with garlic, and maybe some fresh tomatoes on the side, hit the same spot... so, you can still have these foods, I mean it's not, now, something I'd eat as often as weekly, but it's nice to know I can have it grain free and not have to scowl at the jammy sods sitting in pizza parlours!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I can resist anything but temptation.....

But in answer to your question. When I'm in the USA, it is more difficult because my family keeps all the nasty (but tasty) stuff around and I'm a night eater so I tend to get up in the middle of the night and eat. I try to eat the good stuff but I'm not always successful.

When I'm in Egypt, it is simple. I have an apartment, I live by myself and I don't keep junk in the house. If I get up in the middle of the night and want to munch, it has to be healthy stuff because there is nothing else to eat.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

richnash33 is offline Junior Member
    For me it is so tough not to go for the chips..REALLY hard..I even bought some pork rinds figuring if I wanted something crunchy at night i could for those..However the flavor of a pork rind can't compare with Doritos. Therefore I have instructed my family to keep any and all junk food hidden. If i see it I'll eat it.. I don't even have to be hungry

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What I do is eat a diet balanced in all three macronutrients, and make sure I'm not deficient in any particular vitamin. Also, when I eat a piece of fruit I don't act like I'm on the fast track to obesity.

Now I don't crave a 'bad' food because I'm not denying myself the thing that a craving is actually trying to tell me that I want. It's really simple when you think about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast