Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "beauty is skin deep". Or maybe not. page

groquette is offline Senior Member

"beauty is skin deep". Or maybe not.

Primal Fuel
    Today I was at a health food store getting my fix of grass-fed beef and free-range eggs, and happened to look at all the posters and magazine covers.

They said things like "beauty is skin deep; health is not"... but honestly, the models looked tired, unhealthy, and, compared to some of the folks from the "success stories" around here, just plain unattractive.

This naturally got me thinking: There must be a market in the health-food/health-mag industry for "actually healthy models". Seriously -- after going primal my skin is gorgeous. My hair is pretty darn nice. I haven't lost all the weight I expect to lose. I was clinically obese -- but not morbidly obese -- when I started out 9 months ago. Now I'm just overweight... but I have lost pretty much all my cellulite.

One of the things I've noticed here at MDA is that people's faces always seem so much more characteristic and beautiful in the "after" pictures. It's as though eating primal makes you more *you*.

I'm no model, and I'm no photographer... and I don't know anything about the magazine/health-food industry, so I don't know if this is even a realistic thought, but heck. Primal "real" folks just look better than most of the models I've been seeing.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Nice post, groquette. Apart from a very limited market of aware people (maybe health and lifestyle magazines and products), sadly, I don't think there'll ever be much of a market for 'real' people - look how much airbrushing they even do to supposedly perfect models and actors. Our society is so saturated in its very limited definition of what constitutes beauty and success.

But I think your observation of the primal lifestyle is right on.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait to get where you are now. It sounds like the PB is working great for you!. Congratulations, keep it up.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Every morning im reminded how great this style of eating is for my body.....when I look in the mirror....my skin is glowing, not a zit in sight. my eyes are clear, my hair is strong and glossier than ever before. I feel like im one big beam of healthy light! Grok on, Groqette! great post!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I've said it before on here and I'll say it again; beauty is health and vice versa. All the markers associated with feminine beauty (WHR ~ 0.7, glowing skin, vibrant hair, taut skin etc) are just signs that she is healthy. Its probably true of male beauty too but I really don't pay that much attention to other guys.

This is also true of animals and plants. The best looking (or tastiest looking) plants and animals are also the healthiest.

batty is offline Senior Member
    related article via mistress krista.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    Great link - thanks, batty.

I will not get on my soapbox about how mass media negatively impacts people's body image, esp. females, but it SUCKS.

groquette is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Batty, thanks for the link. I had no idea things were that bad!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Holy Crapola, Batty!!!
    I once did some bodyguard work at a trunk showing for Van Cleef&Arpels. My job was to stay in the changing room with all the supermodels; keeping track of them and about 6 million dollars in diamonds. I have to say, none of them really looked that hot out of their clothes, in the unforgiving light of the room. Some of them hadn't eaten at all that day, so I hooked them up with a tray of appetizers from out front ;-)
    Those ladies are literally killing themselves for their careers; a lot of them were jealous of ME...

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, i look in the mirror and say wow, i have a more "awake" and lively look to me, and i like it!
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast