Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone got any tips to help constipation? page

EvelynMary is offline Junior Member

Anyone got any tips to help constipation?

Primal Fuel
    I have been primal for about 5 months and am feeling the best I ever have. My husband however is having problems with constipation and I wondered if anyone has any tips on what I can give him. He eats lots of vegetables and I make coconut butter which he loves. He is missing his oatmeal for breakfast which kept him very regular in the past. Any help would be appreciated.
    EvelynMary

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Decrease the veggie amount. He may ingest too much fibers. You can on the other hand add more starches, especially the resistant type found in potatoes. I experimented myself with unmodified raw potato starch (you know, the powder you can buy for cheap - not potato flour though, potato STARCH), something like 30g / day for a while (it must be unheated or you destroy it - you can add it in smoothies or plain water, tastes bland and not very appealing). It really works ...

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Fermented foods, miso, kimchi, sauerkraut. Probiotics (Greek yogurt). Magnesium supplements.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Aloe vera juice before bedtime!

Oh, and he needs more carbs.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-31-2013 at 04:42 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Enough fat in the diet?

grokgramma is offline Member
    I sprinkle ground flax seed onto veggies or salad or put it in a smoothie. It works great. Don't use the seeds whole or they will go right through you without doing anything. Either grind the seeds in your blender or buy them already ground. Sometimes they are called flax meal.

elfman5150 is offline Member
    I suggest increasing fat intake (healthy fats, of course, such as coconut oil, MCT oil, olive oil, etc). Also, magnesium citrate can really help get things going in the morning. Hope that helps.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    another vote for magnesium -- we are almost all deficient. and more activity.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

snoops is offline Senior Member
    an apple a day does it for me!

patski is offline Senior Member
    Lower fat, higher carbs. Potatoes and rice are your friend.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast