Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think you eat a lot? page

cayla29s is offline Senior Member

Do you think you eat a lot?

Shop Now
    Hey Guys,

So I went to a BBQ last weekend and I ate a tonne of food. I tried to stay strictly to "paleo" foods like meat, salad and some starches at this event. I gave in to some butter tarts that were there. Anyway, my point is people saw how much I was eating and they were telling my DH how much of good eater I was.

What does this even mean? Is it not okay for women to eat a lot? Okay, I'm 5'2 and 121 lbs so it's not like I'm that tiny.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Every single person I know says I eat more than anyone they know.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Haha, "good eater". It's what people say to children when they clean their plate.

I don't know what people would have meant by it at all, but you could choose to take it as a compliment, yes you are a good eater because you know how to eat good food

As for me, yes I do think I eat heaps and I would have been like you - filling up on the mainly primal food and maybe succumbing to a particularly good piece of home baking. Unlike those who've been grazing on muffins all day you were probably genuinely hungry for a decent meal and were due to eat well.

Don't take offense, it's odd but who cares?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I don't know.... Today I had 26 oz of meat, 3 eggs, 2 servings of vegetables (homemade kraut), 2 pieces of fruit, and 3 beers..... whoops...forget I mentioned the evil beer . Is that a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I don't know.... Today I had 26 oz of meat, 3 eggs, 2 servings of vegetables (homemade kraut), 2 pieces of fruit, and 3 beers..... whoops...forget I mentioned the evil beer . Is that a lot?
    Yeah but your a guy... lol...26 oz of meat..wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Haha, "good eater". It's what people say to children when they clean their plate.

I don't know what people would have meant by it at all, but you could choose to take it as a compliment, yes you are a good eater because you know how to eat good food

As for me, yes I do think I eat heaps and I would have been like you - filling up on the mainly primal food and maybe succumbing to a particularly good piece of home baking. Unlike those who've been grazing on muffins all day you were probably genuinely hungry for a decent meal and were due to eat well.

Don't take offense, it's odd but who cares?
    Totally not offended at all when they said it. I'm just surprised by it like they have never seen a woman eat that much food. Yes I was hungry that day..

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    10 at lunch and a 16 oz ribeye for dinner..... not a workout day so it may even be abit in the low side

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    A lot at once, yeah. I don't eat unless it's going to be a 750~1500 kcal and decent quality. In the past I was afraid to eat anything hearty so I'd drift from one unsatisfying snack to the next--not doing that again.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot of people are accustomed to women who are not fat (and even women who are) picking at diet food and yammering on about their eating. I find it tiresome. Other people probably do too. It's refreshing to see a woman enjoy good food. A little weird to comment on it though...

ETA: Sometimes I eat a ton. Other times less.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Not even 2lbs? Weak.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast