Thread: New to this!! page

hazelsmithies is offline Junior Member

Red face New to this!!

Shop Now
    Hi,
    I am still working my way around this but I'm 20 and have been doing primal for almost two months now! I lost 4 kg rapidly but have been sitting on 70 kg for ages! Wanting to get down to 65
    I have had to remove nuts from my diet as I went to TOWN on them and it has stalled my weight loss! Getting serious now and my partner has hidden the nuts and is refusing to buy me more.
    I am from New Zealand!

bemental is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazelsmithies View Post
    Hi,
    I am still working my way around this but I'm 20 and have been doing primal for almost two months now! I lost 4 kg rapidly but have been sitting on 70 kg for ages! Wanting to get down to 65
    I have had to remove nuts from my diet as I went to TOWN on them and it has stalled my weight loss! Getting serious now and my partner has hidden the nuts and is refusing to buy me more.
    I am from New Zealand!
    Welcome!

I too have a passion for mixed nuts (eat as much as you can? OK!) and have to portion them out in advance.

Great to have you!

P.S. why do I have this image of the most incredible, grass fed beef in my mind from your beautiful country?

hazelsmithies is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I thought about portioning but I might hold off on that for now maybe introduce them back into my diet in a month or so.
    NZ is beautiful but can't wait to get out and see the world when I have finished my degree!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Another Kiwi!

Welcome, and good call on the nuts, as they really don't help weight loss!

T.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Hi Hazel, from another Kiwi. Glad you are doing so well on primal and your partner obviously helping you out. Do you know many people your age doing this lifestyle?

My daughter (22) is totally convinced of conventional wisdom re unsaturated fats etc, it drives me nuts especially as she has skin issues and a few other things that I really believe would be helped by going properly primal both with her diet and regarding sleep vs computer use.

On the plus side she is desperately saving money so she has to eat what I feed her but there's also an awful lot of bread and rice and canned tuna going down when it could be free range eggs for example.

What kind of foods are you enjoying the most?

And best of luck for your goals. Have you tried exercise, such as weights?

Soulrunner is offline Member
    Hi Hazel, I'm also a kiwi. Welcome and all the best for your primal journey.

Soulrunner is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bemental View Post
    Welcome!

I too have a passion for mixed nuts (eat as much as you can? OK!) and have to portion them out in advance.

Great to have you!

P.S. why do I have this image of the most incredible, grass fed beef in my mind from your beautiful country?
    It's because we do have the most incredible, grass fed beef! Being primal in NZ is easy

bemental is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bemental View Post
    Welcome!

Great to have you!

I'm all about it. I've been telling myself for ages that I'm going to get rid of all thus newfangled technology and just LIVE... someday.