Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vomittng after consuming coconut oil. page

Yasmine21 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Vomittng after consuming coconut oil.

Shop Now
    I made a weight gain smoothie after eating a small turkey burger. I stupidly put coconut oil in the weight gain smoothie, and for about 7 hours straight my stomach has been feeling "stuck". I also began to feel really queasy and lightheaded, so I go to the bathroom (and I'm still stuck in the bathroom as I type this) because I immediately know I'm going to throw up sooner or later so I better make it to the potty. So I throw up a little, and what comes up is the weight gain smoothie. I only throw up a little bit though, and then I felt much better immediately after. However, my stomach still feels "stuck" and a little bloated, but at the same time I don't feel like I have to puke anymore. Is the coconut oil stuck in my stomach?? How long before my body finishes expelling it?? Because I had diarrhea right after the vomiting. Do you think I would vomit again? Or will the rest of the oil finish expelling out my bum rather than out my mouth? Because I really hate vomiting.. I would rather get hit by a freight train than vomit, that's how bad I hate puking. Can't your body finish expelling whatever bug you may have through diarrhea? I'm never taking coconut oil again.

And also could the coconut oil have damaged by liver or stomach by now? I was about to call the paramedics thinking I'd probably have to go to the emergency room to have my stomach pumped. Or maybe I don't have a bug? Maybe the vomiting could have been from too much fat? I drunk my weight gain smoothies all the time with no problem before (I make them out of pecans, bananas, and ice-cold milk. It tastes good!) up until I added the coconut oil to my smoothie is when I had a problem. So I don't think it's the fat at all, it's the coconut oil.

Someone please answer.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Too much coconut oil! Getting sick from it is fairly common, you have to start with smaller amounts (like a teaspoon at a time). I over-did it with CO once and it came out both ends. I felt awful, but it passed.

How much did you put in?

It will come out or get processed one way or another. I would say it's best to wait. The coconut oil cannot damage your liver or stomach, it's just a fat.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    You poor thing.

Wait it out, and you'll be fine. In the future, just eat your CO by itself, a small teaspoon at a time. BTW, coconut oil isn't exactly known for its weight-gaining properties. It's typically consumed for health benefits, and weight loss.
    Hope you're feeling better soon!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

I put almost half the jar guys..It's by Dr. Bronner's, too. It was quite expensive so I know I have really potent stuff in my body right now..

I feel really awful..I think it also made my urine white and my bile is white too!

Now I know every time I hear about, see, or smell coconut I'm going to cringe. I don't want to see coconut oil that way because I know it's good for you.

I have a history of harming myself not knowing what I'm doing. Like one time I tried to make a tuna melt by microwaving tuna salad (it had mayonnaise in it). It's like I subconsciously use myself as a guinea pig.. -_- I think I need someone to supervise myself from myself. -_-

Thank you sophie for your wishing me well! I feel a tad bit better. But the "stuck" feeling is still there in my tummy.. It just feels like whatever it is does not want to move. Hopefully whatever it is doesnt decide to come out of my mouth later..

I figured out how to directly reply to comments ^-^

Lol I'm not too internet savvy.

I put half the jar. I thought "more was better".

Boy was I wrong! And I think it reacted wrongly with the milk and turkey, too!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    please stop typing on the toilet.

yuk.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

@noodlet: Lol okay

But I'm in the bed now. I feel a bit better.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Half the jar! Makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Half the jar?! Why?!

Coconut oil can make quite a few people rush to the toilet and have stuff come out one way or another. You didn't hurt your liver or poison yourself, it's just coconut oil, after all, but the side effects can be unpleasant. Still.

Half a jar. That's like putting two sticks of butter into a smoothie. There's a healthy way to gain weight and consuming a massive quantity of fat in one sitting is not it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast