Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Going primal at 16 page

  1. #1
    Buster11's Avatar
    Buster11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    101

    Going primal at 16

    Primal Fuel
    Hi I am starting this thread to let you know that I have recently gone paleo. It is extremely enjoyable and I am starting to feel happier in myself and more positive. I have converted my dad and learning new things everyday from the primal blueprint book thanks to Mark. However it is tough sometimes and I do eat a dessert (toffee cake the other day) I have lost a lot of weight and starting to convince a fair amount of people paleo is not a diet but a lifestyle change worth considering.

  2. #2
    EatMoveSleep's Avatar
    EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    492
    Keep going.
    Try berries and natural yogurt for the occasional dessert.
    If no stuff like cake is bought then there's no junk temptations in the house :-)

  3. #3
    msass's Avatar
    msass is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    4

    welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster11 View Post
    Hi I am starting this thread to let you know that I have recently gone paleo. It is extremely enjoyable and I am starting to feel happier in myself and more positive. I have converted my dad and learning new things everyday from the primal blueprint book thanks to Mark. However it is tough sometimes and I do eat a dessert (toffee cake the other day) I have lost a lot of weight and starting to convince a fair amount of people paleo is not a diet but a lifestyle change worth considering.
    my daughter is 15 and we are doing this too, she has problems sticking with it at times. Other kids her age are so skinny it seems even though they eat crap.
    There is so much junk food around for kids its everywhere it seems.

  4. #4
    Buster11's Avatar
    Buster11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Keep going.
    Try berries and natural yogurt for the occasional dessert.
    If no stuff like cake is bought then there's no junk temptations in the house :-)
    Berries are great, I haven't seen natural yoghurt though? I went to a farmhouse today and brought some grass fed meat and eggs, and also some fruit and veg. Haha yes that Is very true! Having a hard time to convince the family though

  5. #5
    Buster11's Avatar
    Buster11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    101
    That's really good to hear, and I know it's because of the people around our age eat badly so we feel slightly cornered into making the wrong choices. I couldn't agree with you more junk food is evil we only have to look around to realise that. We just have to make the gradual change one step at a time, problem is people my age and your daughter just think that you only put on weight when you eat bad, but no it damages your body far beyond imagination.

  6. #6
    EatMoveSleep's Avatar
    EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster11 View Post
    Berries are great, I haven't seen natural yoghurt though? I went to a farmhouse today and brought some grass fed meat and eggs, and also some fruit and veg. Haha yes that Is very true! Having a hard time to convince the family though
    Well you're doing great then.
    Also make sure as a growing teen you get some carbs ( depending on how much weight you have to lose).

    I eat white rice ( yes a grain - but low toxic one ) for carbs, along with white potatoes and sweet potatoes etc - of coarse plenty of green veg and some fruit - and I'm NOT a growing teen

    Natural yogurt ( or Greek yogurt) is naturally white ( no fake color), no added sugar, no preservatives, no added fruit stuffs, no numbers, no junk - just milk and good bacteria thats it.
    Natural yogurt is about 5% fat and natural Greek yogurt is about 10% fat ( I usually get the greek one).

  7. #7
    Urban Forager's Avatar
    Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,620
    My son is 15 and eats primal. He occasionally eats non-primal foods if he's with friends, but he doesn't do it often and he prefers real food so there's no worry that he'll make it a habit. He now notices how certain foods don't agree with him especially wheat and seed oils. I do make him primal treats, he's not trying to lose weight and he never goes overboard with them.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

  8. #8
    bemental's Avatar
    bemental is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Coastal North Carolina
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Keep going.
    Try berries and natural yogurt for the occasional dessert.
    If no stuff like cake is bought then there's no junk temptations in the house :-)
    This IS the key, for me anyway. Out of sight, out of my tummy.

  9. #9
    bemental's Avatar
    bemental is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Coastal North Carolina
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Well you're doing great then.
    Natural yogurt is about 5% fat and natural Greek yogurt is about 10% fat ( I usually get the greek one).
    Beware all the fat free Greek yogurts out there! It's hard to find a healthy, fatty, natural yogurt now a days.

  10. #10
    EatMoveSleep's Avatar
    EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by bemental View Post
    This IS the key, for me anyway. Out of sight, out of my tummy.
    Cool - me too

    Only 'sweet' I have is the occasional square of 85% choc.

    Other real sweets are fruit.

    Natural yogurt taste sweet to me now

    Quote Originally Posted by bemental View Post
    Beware all the fat free Greek yogurts out there! It's hard to find a healthy, fatty, natural yogurt now a days..
    Yeah don't eat low fat or fat free junk - and yes it can be hard to find full fat dairy in the sea of low fat stuff.

    Just eat fats as they naturally come with real food - can add some butter, coconut oil and olive oil as required.

    That's what I do anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •