Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 7

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you.

Straight milk is not something I think I can take a lot of, seeing I am a touch intolerant and always preferred fermented dairy. But I will try it, in hot chocolate if nothing else.

I am planning my very first foray in a while into a late night class from 6:30 to 8 pm, so I am not gonna go there fasted, no way. If I do the first thing in the morning workout (5:30 or 7 am, depending when gym is opened) I do it on coffee or water. My response to fasting is mixed, but that's another discussion entirely.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Well, go figure. All organic dairy was on super-sale yesterday, so I got a little bit of skim milk (I am not sure I can tolerate it), cottage cheese with no goo and greek yogurt (yeah, I know). Planning apple and cottage cheese for breakfast. On a cardio day. Scary.

The best thing is that my skin is not inflamed any more, so if dairy causes a break out, I will know and will be able to pinpoint which product it was - cottage cheese or plain milk. Yogurt was fine.

Erm, sorry. I know you are having a philosophical discussion, I am more into exploring the practical question posted by the OP.
    I think it's funny that the OP hasn't even come back to see the answer to the question

Looking forward to seeing how this works out for you Leida! I think what's really important is to have no expectations, as it seems to effect everyone differently. There's no magic bullet. I'm losing weight now, but it only started happening two weeks ago (I've been eating this way for five weeks).

FWIW: I think the gelatine is the crucial part of this woe.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I had jellos set for last two nights, but forgot today. I'll try adding it to chicken tonight (I heat it up in water to generate 'broth'). I kindda gave up on losing weight tbh, even trying to see if I can resurrect my old hobby I gave up when my kiddo was ~ 3 yo. We'll see.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking for some Black pants and Nike athletic shoes.

Ray Peat follower:

• My eczema has come back already.
    • My 'brain fog' symptoms seem to be getting worse.
    • Physical and emotional energy is not as smooth/steady.
    • I get bouts of sweating where my clothes are soaking.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

I get bouts of sweating where my clothes are soaking.
    Milk. I wouldn't drink milk in the morning/before activity.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    I'm looking for some Black pants and Nike athletic shoes.

Ray Peat follower:

• My eczema has come back already.
    • My 'brain fog' symptoms seem to be getting worse.
    • Physical and emotional energy is not as smooth/steady.
    • I get bouts of sweating where my clothes are soaking.
    Sorry to hear that, Black timber. What are you eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I had jellos set for last two nights, but forgot today. I'll try adding it to chicken tonight (I heat it up in water to generate 'broth'). I kindda gave up on losing weight tbh, even trying to see if I can resurrect my old hobby I gave up when my kiddo was ~ 3 yo. We'll see.
    I reeeeally recommend an envelop of gelatine in coffee. Makes the coffee so creamy! And I really think it suppresses the appetite.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I'll give it a shot, I know you like it

jackmormon is offline Member
    I am open minded but admittedly not intelligent enough to wade through/decipher Ray Peat's writings. Is there any credible, semi organized condensation of his views/opinions/teachings that a lay person can read and understand? I would like to learn as I seem to do much better with more natural sugars and starches than Mark recommends.

Things that are a big turnoff about Peat & his followers to a padowan such as myself are his rambling writings, the raypeatforum where EVERYBODY has a different interpretation of Peat, and especially the Peat interpreters/evangelists on this forum who feel the need to preach instead of teach. (A bigger turnoff is when they try to deliberately insult/inflame with words like 'ketard'. I think I have learned a few things from the person who posted this word but it makes me wonder what his agenda is. I wonder if he would like the word peatard. )

Help me....I want to learn!

You know, after chatting with the folks here, the figure on the 2nd page of this thread seem to describe it adequately. Reduce fatty meat consumption in favor of low fat dairy/white fish/lean seafood and gelatin to keep protein flowing and slash as many sources of the PUFA as possible (nuts, fatty fish). Enjoy fruit >>> often than veggies. Use non-gluten grains.

Honestly, it's far from revolutionary, probably very much along the lines of Cordain's Paleo for Athletes (which is probably a better source for science and structure).

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmormon View Post
    I am open minded but admittedly not intelligent enough to wade through/decipher Ray Peat's writings. Is there any credible, semi organized condensation of his views/opinions/teachings that a lay person can read and understand? I would like to learn as I seem to do much better with more natural sugars and starches than Mark recommends.

Things that are a big turnoff about Peat & his followers to a padowan such as myself are his rambling writings, the raypeatforum where EVERYBODY has a different interpretation of Peat, and especially the Peat interpreters/evangelists on this forum who feel the need to preach instead of teach. (A bigger turnoff is when they try to deliberately insult/inflame with words like 'ketard'. I think I have learned a few things from the person who posted this word but it makes me wonder what his agenda is. I wonder if he would like the word peatard. )

Help me....I want to learn!
    I suspect he doesn't give a shit about the word Peatard and like most people with a sense of humour finds it amusing, perhaps. Ketard did make me chuckle

But no there doesn't seem to be a condensation of his work per se, at least as far as I can ascertain. People have tried, but his work is not really intended to be a protocol or a 'diet'. There are guidelines of course. You need to go to raypeat.org and there you will find threads on what those guidelines are.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast