Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 5

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^^^ none of that proves anything Peat says is wrong. It just asserts (in a crude manner) that he is wrong because I say so. Saying RA isn't connected to hypothyroidism doesn't prove a thing. Prove it isn't maybe?

Regardless, when I compile a menu of Peat food recommendations, they come out to be nearly perfect nutrition-wise, so where is the harm if you enjoy the foods? I don't see his motive for lying to people. And after teaching at a few universities over several decades, I believe he has a good amount of credible wisdom to share. Internet critics can be arrogant, but simply calling someone a liar and a quack and typing up a juvenile rant doesn't make it so.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It's funny how that rant refutes nothing. Just some ketard that's angry.
    nihil

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    ^^^ none of that proves anything Peat says is wrong. It just asserts (in a crude manner) that he is wrong because I say so. Saying RA isn't connected to hypothyroidism doesn't prove a thing. Prove it isn't maybe?
    Ok, I'm not known for my philosophical aptitude.... but I do believe "Prove it isn't" falls under some sort of fallacy.

I only know this cause I did say something of this sort and somebody pointed this out to me.

So, now I'm gonna go back and read the thing that provoked your comment, as I'm just cruising around.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Ketard

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Ok, I'm not known for my philosophical aptitude.... but I do believe "Prove it isn't" falls under some sort of fallacy.

I only know this cause I did say something of this sort and somebody pointed this out to me.

So, now I'm gonna go back and read the thing that provoked your comment, as I'm just cruising around.
    I didn't initiate the challenge in question. That rant did, so it is up to them to prove why it is wrong, which they failed to do. If Ray Peat is wrong, someone can't just say he's wrong and that means they're right; they have yet to prove why they are right and Peat is wrong. So far they proclaimed to understand all teh complicated medical stuffz and no1 else does!1@ I don't see a valid argument in that rant. I only see inflammatory remarks about Ray Peat's character and work, and accusations without any evidence to the contrary. Basically, they established that they do not like Ray Peat but they have not made a convincing argument for why he is a quack. Slinging insults and using vulgar language and injecting a few scientific facts into a childish rant does not make someone correct.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    And.... What's Matt-Stone got to do with it? (got-to-do-with-it!)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    And.... What's Matt-Stone got to do with it? (got-to-do-with-it!)
    Search engine optimization! Also, drag Matt Stone into it so he mentions it on his blog. It's a troll post, nothing more. Who would take such immature ranting seriously? Even if they do have vast medical knowledge, I couldn't take someone like that seriously. Their credibility has already been squashed.

It wasn't even funny either. Worst troll ever. Though, getting responses I guess it worked a little
    nihil

I think it's hilarious that they would accuse Peat of having a webpire that peddles progesterone cream. I had to search deep to find where to buy it! I finally found a site, but it wasn't obvious at all. This is one of the worst troll posts I have ever seen. At least the anti-Peat crowd here usually makes intelligent and tactful arguments; this clown is just throwing insults around because they believe they are smarter than him AND the poor pitiful fools who read his work. They are being condescending to everybody and assuming everyone who reads Peat is a complete moron. How positively obnoxious. I'm embarrassed for this person.

Also, Matt Stone =/= Ray Peat.
    Last edited by j3nn; 07-31-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I think it's hilarious that they would accuse Peat of having a webpire that peddles progesterone cream. I had to search deep to find where to buy it! I finally found a site, but it wasn't obvious at all. This is one of the worst troll posts I have ever seen. At least the anti-Peat crowd here usually makes intelligent and tactful arguments; this clown is just throwing insults around because they believe they are smarter than him AND the poor pitiful fools who read his work. They are being condescending to everybody and assuming everyone who reads Peat is a complete moron. How positively obnoxious. I'm embarrassed for this person.

Also, Matt Stone =/= Ray Peat.
    I agree with all except that
    nihil

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast