Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 43

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Do you eat any and all dairy, or do you select lower fat options?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Do you eat any and all dairy, or do you select lower fat options?
    Peat recommends low fat milk, cottage cheese and a few cheeses that dont have rennet or cultures. Most dont really pay attention to that though and just eat the dairy. Yogart is a no go.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Funny, when I was thinnest I ate loads of fruit daily. And now in the paleo world fruit really is viewed as a menace. I've followed that advice and am heavier than ever. Wtf?! This whole Ray Peat debate has me asking a lot of questions about the woe (paleo, w30, primal) that I thought was the best way. Something isn't working quite right for me. Still clueless as to what exactly the Peats eat but nevertheless am excited to find myself going down yet another rabbit hole. Btw, I'm a newbie to this forum, and trust me this isn't The Worst Thing That Ever Happened To Me as some people (possibly it was in another thread) have warned exposing us delicate newbs to new and differing opinions might be.
    The fat you eat is the fat you wear.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So really, this is the antithesis of paleo/primal who advocate eating fat and avoiding sugar to become fat adapted?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I mean really I just want to hug anyone who tells me I can eat tropical fruit everyday. 
    Steak with papaya and sweet potatoes, say no more...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

KaleChips is offline Junior Member
    Kale, sounds like you were sick when you started the diet, did it wrong and got sicker. Dont blame Peat, blame yourself and your complete lack of understanding of his work.

Poor lil fella.
    Poor man's James Dean, I followed his diet to the T, 80% worth. I have already explained this in detail, twice, on this forum. I don't feel like doing that again now. Go ahead and think to yourself though that I supplemented the wrong vitamin E, used normal salt instead of Morton's Canning Salt, or maybe didn't eat enough gouda cheese or had liver twice a month instead of 3 times a month, probably cooked in the wrong oil. As if any of those things would have made a difference on that terrible, fructose based diet. I probably know more about Peat than you. And I certainly know well enough from my experience and studies on his work that it is not a healthy diet for any human.

It seems like Peat is the fad of the month on this forum now, and you will all find cherry picked science to back up your short term successes on his diet. Long term it doesn't work, and I wanted to write my experience as a warning.

Zach is offline Banned
    So really, this is the antithesis of paleo/primal who advocate eating fat and avoiding sugar to become fat adapted?
    Its the fruitarian slogan but kinda, yea. Dietary fat is easily stored as bodyfat when in the presence of other fuels. Low carb believes that without the insulin spikes, fat will not be stored which has some truth to it but it comes down to which is healthier. Although i eat a lot of fat and ALOT of sugar and dont gain fat so when metabolism is optimal it is kind of a moot point, although types of fat is a manor factor.

Zach is offline Banned
    Lol, dont be jelly of my hair. So you followed his diet 100%, 80% of the time huh? Haha. You are a pretty unconvincing guy, ill stick with sugar.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Peat recommends low fat milk, cottage cheese and a few cheeses that dont have rennet or cultures. Most dont really pay attention to that though and just eat the dairy. Yogart is a no go.
    What, why no yogurt? Is he anti gut flora or something? Does he encourage intake of other kinds of probiotic foods?

I just don't understand generalizations like this. There are so many people in the whole Paleo community who eat "high fat" (whatever that means exactly) and are incredibly healthy and not fat themselves. Maybe it isn't for everyone, seems like it wasn't for you, but it does work for people.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What, why no yogurt? Is he anti gut flora or something? Does he encourage intake of other kinds of probiotic foods?

I just don't understand generalizations like this. There are so many people in the whole Paleo community who eat "high fat" (whatever that means exactly) and are incredibly healthy and not fat themselves. Maybe it isn't for everyone, seems like it wasn't for you, but it does work for people.
    Yup I'm one that high fat works for . And I'm not even a female with wrecked hormones. And I've never been much overweight. Just your standard guy that likes his fatty meat and butter. I just have a very live and let live sorta philosophy about these boards. Unless your paying me then there is no need for me to get all up in your biz about how you eat.

Oh, and as to yogurt Peat is down on ingesting fermented foods primarily based on lactic acid. A point I just can't agree with... especially after all the work I did to learn to traditionally ferment various items.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast