Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I have never seen evidence of any principle of mortality in the human body. Someone is going to crack it, because we already contain all assets needed for never-ending renewal and regeneration.
    Rust

Derp we rust, Dying of old age is rusting,

What is rust? it is oxidation. It's quite ironic really, the one thing that gives us life, also eventually takes it away.

Everthing on the planet is in a process of a slow burn (it is in the presence of oxygen). if enough heat is added tho, this process will explode exponentially causeing what we see as "burning".
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Rust

Derp we rust, Dying of old age is rusting,

What is rust? it is oxidation. It's quite ironic really, the one thing that gives us life, also eventually takes it away.

Everthing on the planet is in a process of a slow burn (it is in the presence of oxygen). if enough heat is added tho, this process will explode exponentially causeing what we see as "burning".
    We rust but can we find how to renew? I'm with Derp on this. I believe in science. Modern science is still in its infancy relative to human existence; we should be more patient, but then again, I think our advancements are growing exponentially and we will see great leaps in our lifetime, possibly even immortality if only on a virtual level.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Great link, Leida. I'm reading through it now. It reminds me of what that hypnotist who helps people lose weight--can't remember his name--anyway, one of his tricks was to chew each bite of food 26 times and set down your knife and fork in between bites. That trick actually worked for me at one point, but it's so hard to keep it up. My instinct is to wolf down my food. I must have been a dog in my past life.
    One issue with losing weight through hypnosis is that the suggestions given are generally only a tool to help a person reach their goal. They need to be reinforced periodically to continue to have effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Gnoll has an absolutely wonderful 7 part article on the nature of hunger and parts of it are about hunger induced by lack of nutrients or a certain food. It is extremely interesting read if you have the time and have not seen it yet.

satiation vs. satiety - GNOLLS.ORG
    great writeup! last night despite drinking 2 big glasses of whole milk with supplemental protein, 2 bowls of fruit salad, 1 baked sweet potato and some dark chocolate, I was still itchingly hungry. I was pretty sure I was xcraving eggs but it was too late at night for me to bother. I havent eaten any eggs for a few days Noe, before which I was regularly consuming around 7 a day.

I'm thinking micronutrient defeciency of some sort. egg scramble is on the menu for breakfast this morning.
    Ones who try my curry are not ones to leave in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    We rust but can we find how to renew? I'm with Derp on this. I believe in science. Modern science is still in its infancy relative to human existence; we should be more patient, but then again, I think our advancements are growing exponentially and we will see great leaps in our lifetime, possibly even immortality if only on a virtual level.
    Shiiiit..... I'm still waiting on my flying car. Won't hold my breath on immortality, virtual or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Shiiiit..... I'm still waiting on my flying car. Won't hold my breath on immortality, virtual or otherwise
    Haha, it's all coming! Cars that drive themselves seem to have taken priority over flying vessels, probably because we haven't established enough worthy land drivers much less air ones. heh
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Flying cars? Seriously NH - JETPACKS! Get your priorities straight.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I was pretty sure I was xcraving eggs but it was too late at night for me to bother. I havent eaten any eggs for a few days Noe, before which I was regularly consuming around 7 a day.

I'm thinking micronutrient defeciency of some sort. egg scramble is on the menu for breakfast this morning.
    I absolutely know the feeling. I had it whenever I was on the macro-specific diets, and couldn't have what I was craving. I would just keep grazing until I actually ate what I really wanted, even a tiny quantity of it. It's insane how crazy it works.

One of my fav parts of these articles is the one that dismantles the whole 'food addiction'/'sugar addiction' myth. It went a long way to help my food guilt over my low-carb inappropriate love of apples!

Guys, this is crazy. I am back to 135 from Monday's 137 lbs by missing a lifting session (because I hurt back on Monday), not fasting or missing meals. I think I will try only 2 lifting sessions a week with more swimming and yoga and, of course my martial arts. I am really not happy about evening classes, but they force me to sleep later, and maybe it is simply a better schedule?

It is very hard to get myself going for the evening class, BUT once I am THERE, I feel awesome.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2013 at 06:51 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Guys, this is crazy. I am back to 135 from Monday's 137 lbs by missing a lifting session (because I hurt back on Monday), not fasting or missing meals. I think I will try only 2 lifting sessions a week with more swimming and yoga and, of course my martial arts. I am really not happy about evening classes, but they force me to sleep later, and maybe it is simply a better schedule?
    A lifting session encourages water and glycogen retention. You tend to drink more and eat more after exercising. Typically, people who start lifting without changing anything in their diet gain weight. You aren't down 2 lbs, you're just shifting around water and glycogen. Lifting less is likely a recipe for fat gain.

Wanna look great for a small period of time? Do a heavy weight session, follow it up with a sweaty cardio session to lose water, then do a dry refeed - very lean protein and dry starch, like baked white potatoes or plain rice. Don't drink anything. Your body will still shuttle glycogen to muscles but you won't retain all the water that comes along with a refeed (I get so thirsty when I eat starch). But the look is fleeting. It's a "pre-contest trick."
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Shop Now
    Choco, for gods' sake, why you keep talking to me like I am a newb coming of a CW and did not try anything at all?

I was lifting religiously for 4 years, ate HC/LF on these days and what did it get me? Eating too much and growing fatter & fatter. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is Einstein's definition of insanity. Lifting is great, but it does not give me miraculous results. It just does not.

And, I am not interested in the life of martyrdom. I just want to have a firmer body. 24/7. Not a super-duper special occasions look!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.