Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 25

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'd say I wish my metabolism was like Chaco's rather than Chaco's like mine, I just don't think I can achieve it the way he thinks it can be done by everyone.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    And am I the only one who kinda hopes that Choco's young-dude metabolism takes a cliff dive when he hits age 35? The Success Story pages are full of men exactly like him: guys who thought they knew it all because they lived on kegs and corn chips in college and yet still attracted ladies with a six pack... then suddenly they are 45, stressed out at work and whoomp! 55 pounds. Not much sympathy here, sorry.
    Yeah, I am sure that your little rant will scare the hell out of Choco now!! Personally I can still see my abs at fifty though - must be all that nasty Aspartarme that I consume that keeps them shine through...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The arrogance of young men can be quite startling. But from an evolutionary standpoint, perhaps it was necessary way back when. After all, most young girls are more attracted to the guy who seems to know everything than to timid guys who are honest about trying to find their way.

That said, we no longer mate for life at 14 or 15, so once again an adaptation that might have worked for Grok just comes off silly.

I don't write Choco off totally and hope that someday he'll look back at his youthful arrogance and blush maybe just a little.

Besides, everyone knows it's we Baby Boomers who know everything, not those young muscle-heads.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I don't see what Choco Taco is doing wrong. He eats whole foods, just with higher carbs. He still eats primal foods. He even says that he cycles high carb and higher fat days/meals. His goal is to increase his metabolic rate. He isn't ruining it by eating junk food. Any junk food he eats is high in saturated fat anyway (not PUFAs).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    I don't see what Choco Taco is doing wrong. He eats whole foods, just with higher carbs. He still eats primal foods. He even says that he cycles high carb and higher fat days/meals. His goal is to increase his metabolic rate. He isn't ruining it by eating junk food. Any junk food he eats is high in saturated fat anyway (not PUFAs).
    I have no problem with him eating higher carb Primal. I have a problem with him telling everyone who doesn't that they are "doing it wrong" and have eating disorders and suffer from orthorexia, etc.

He found what works for him. Cool. But he won't let other people do the same thing. Double standards everywhere.

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Ricotta is similar to cottage cheese, and higher in protein normally, so I think it is a valid substitute.
    Thanks Leida, I wasn't sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Sorry for jumping to the end, but have you been checked for SIBO? It's tested with a breath test that sounds quite involved. If you have bacterial overgrowth, a low fiber diet will definitely be best for you. What happens is the bacteria which are out-of-place in your small intestine eat the undigested fiber and cause pain and bloat and other symptoms of GERD and IBD.

Norm Robillard at Digestive Health Institute Home Page - Digestive Health InstituteDigestive Health Institute | Your Resource for Digestive Health has lots of good ideas on the subject a step higher than the normal FODMAP approach.

Good luck!
    I had a fructose intolerance breath test a while back, the result was that I am not intolerant of fructose.

Thanks for the link, I'll definately look into that one.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Whole bunch of hating going on in here, but, to throw it out, my metabolism has gotten better than when I was teenager. Based on an algorithm(crude estimation, really, but works well enough) I coded, going by weight gain/loss and average calorie intake plus exercise vs sedentary, on a weekly or monthly basis(I coded both) it puts my maintenance calories at near 3.8k. I never ate remotely close to that when I was a teenager, and put on weight easier.

Choco, and I, are doing it right by supporting metabolism earlier, so, I seriously doubt his is going to "tank" and gain 50+ lbs as a jealous user put it. It's obvious it slows down, but, by being healthier early, and negating stress as much as possible, I highly doubt he's going to run into too many problems.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Whole bunch of hating going on in here, but, to throw it out, my metabolism has gotten better than when I was teenager. Based on an algorithm(crude estimation, really, but works well enough) I coded, going by weight gain/loss and average calorie intake plus exercise vs sedentary, on a weekly or monthly basis(I coded both) it puts my maintenance calories at near 3.8k. I never ate remotely close to that when I was a teenager, and put on weight easier.

Choco, and I, are doing it right by supporting metabolism earlier, so, I seriously doubt his is going to "tank" and gain 50+ lbs as a jealous user put it. It's obvious it slows down, but, by being healthier early, and negating stress as much as possible, I highly doubt he's going to run into too many problems.
    Everyone runs into problems eventually. Mortality is still 100%.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Everyone runs into problems eventually. Mortality is still 100%.
    I have never seen evidence of any principle of mortality in the human body. Someone is going to crack it, because we already contain all assets needed for never-ending renewal and regeneration.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I have never seen evidence of any principle of mortality in the human body. Someone is going to crack it, because we already contain all assets needed for never-ending renewal and regeneration.
    You guys are Ray Peat believers, and that's ok. Ray Peat is a very smart, forward thinking guy. It can be very difficult to look back and come up the right answers. Have you considered how often forward thinkers are wrong?
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast