Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 24

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Gaining knowledge is never a bad thing.
    Unless the knowledge you gain is "I wish I'd never done that" Or "Now my life is changed, and not for the better"
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Unless the knowledge you gain is "I wish I'd never done that" Or "Now my life is changed, and not for the better"
    Yeah, that and you have to distinguish if the knowledge your gaining is simply new to "you" or actually novel new to "us" knowledge. For the most part people just get really zealous about what is new to themselves. Lots of info out their and even great ideas that really are beneficial rightfully resurface, but it does have to be balanced with current and evolving theories and data.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I +1 NH and Paleobird here. Bulk and Cut actually doesn't work for all men either. It works the best from what I have seen from people who come to it from underweight state, either by severe dieting, or hard gainers. I believe I have even seen recommendation to avoid C&Bs for people in the normal BF% range. Even if not, based on my previous less than spectacular bulk + n=1, I will not risk one deliberately. All signs for me point to restrained eating = better body comp.

YB, if Bulk-Cut cycle works for you, that's great news actually. One thing to take into account is how long you have been lifting. If you started recently, beginners gains I find happen to women as well as men, and they are the single biggest positive impact I have seen on the body. As I was lifting non-stop for close to 4 years now & at some point I've peaked, burned up and never could match those maxes after, my response to lifting is now pretty minimal, independent of the amount and quality of food I take in.

I am quite happy with what I eat atm, so I will focus again on making nuts a weekly rather than a daily treat and bringing the hormones to normal. Modest goals, but important ones
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Hi everyone, last week I implemented a few of the suggestions in this thread.
    For lunch at work I was having fruit with ricotta cheese ( I'm not sure if that is the same as Cottage Cheese, but has a similar consistency)
    Breakfast was baked apples and other fruits with greek yoghurt and some crumble type topping.
    Dinner is mostly same as before, some type of meat with salad ( sometimes with potato or rice)
    I also bought some of the disolvable green tinned Great Lakes and put that into Orange juice.

Positives:
    For the first time in ages I didn't feel like the mid afternoon chocolate bar, I've been having severe sugar cravings, ( another story) but this week I do feel they have eased a little. I was able to get through the afternoon with no eating at all.

I lost 400g ( small amount I know but I'm happy with any downward movement of the scales no matter how small.

Negatives:

I am still bloated and have soreness on right side of what I thought was my stomach but is apparenly my transverse colon. ( Gastroenterologist wanted me on Low Fodmap to see if that helped, and if it doesn't stop then I am to have a colonoscopy. ) Anything fibrous seems to aggravate things, so the Peat type eating being low fibre I hope will help me.

Thankyou to all for the help in this thread, its much appreciated.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Ricotta is similar to cottage cheese, and higher in protein normally, so I think it is a valid substitute.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkykitty View Post
    Hi everyone, last week I implemented a few of the suggestions in this thread.
    For lunch at work I was having fruit with ricotta cheese ( I'm not sure if that is the same as Cottage Cheese, but has a similar consistency)
    Breakfast was baked apples and other fruits with greek yoghurt and some crumble type topping.
    Dinner is mostly same as before, some type of meat with salad ( sometimes with potato or rice)
    I also bought some of the disolvable green tinned Great Lakes and put that into Orange juice.

Positives:
    For the first time in ages I didn't feel like the mid afternoon chocolate bar, I've been having severe sugar cravings, ( another story) but this week I do feel they have eased a little. I was able to get through the afternoon with no eating at all.

I lost 400g ( small amount I know but I'm happy with any downward movement of the scales no matter how small.

Negatives:

I am still bloated and have soreness on right side of what I thought was my stomach but is apparenly my transverse colon. ( Gastroenterologist wanted me on Low Fodmap to see if that helped, and if it doesn't stop then I am to have a colonoscopy. ) Anything fibrous seems to aggravate things, so the Peat type eating being low fibre I hope will help me.

Thankyou to all for the help in this thread, its much appreciated.
    Sorry for jumping to the end, but have you been checked for SIBO? It's tested with a breath test that sounds quite involved. If you have bacterial overgrowth, a low fiber diet will definitely be best for you. What happens is the bacteria which are out-of-place in your small intestine eat the undigested fiber and cause pain and bloat and other symptoms of GERD and IBD.

Norm Robillard at Digestive Health Institute Home Page - Digestive Health InstituteDigestive Health Institute | Your Resource for Digestive Health has lots of good ideas on the subject a step higher than the normal FODMAP approach.

Good luck!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    I have a question about the dairy. If you can't handle dairy well, what are the alternatives?
    Then maybe the Peat diet just isn't for you, I guess? The more I read about this Peat diet, the less I like it. But others seem to do well on it, perhaps those with out-of-whack hormones. Maybe you could eat a primal/Peat hybrid, like primal with more potatoes. If the only reason for the excessive dairy is for the vitamins, you can make that up with organ meats and kale.

And am I the only one who kinda hopes that Choco's young-dude metabolism takes a cliff dive when he hits age 35? The Success Story pages are full of men exactly like him: guys who thought they knew it all because they lived on kegs and corn chips in college and yet still attracted ladies with a six pack... then suddenly they are 45, stressed out at work and whoomp! 55 pounds. Not much sympathy here, sorry.
    5'0" female, 44 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained to 109 on sugar cheat. Reset with 85P / 90C / 90F. Currently weaning off fat to 85P / 90C / 60F.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    And am I the only one who kinda hopes that Choco's young-dude metabolism takes a cliff dive when he hits age 35? The Success Story pages are full of men exactly like him: guys who thought they knew it all because they lived on kegs and corn chips in college and yet still attracted ladies with a six pack... then suddenly they are 45, stressed out at work and whoomp! 55 pounds. Not much sympathy here, sorry.
    when every new dietary tweak is espoused with the conviction that THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY WAY... you have..... chocotaco, ladies and gentlemen
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Not thinking of C-Taco in particular, but I think there are going to be regrets just as you said.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    But Choco's not eating corn chips and kegs of beer; he's eating whole, nutritious foods. I don't think that's increases the risk of metabolic ruin at any age. And to wish metabolic demise to anyone is really juvenile and pretty cruel. I hope everyone can have as much success as Choco at any age!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast