Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 16

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree, and we need each other. It's senseless, and serves only to segregate us further as equals when the media continuously shoves this vile nonsense in our faces.
    nihil

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I am anti-feminism. I believe in true equality, which means no privileges or discrimination in any direction. Classical liberal.
    Horrors, equal opportunity for women as men is such a bad thing.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I've had this same discussion before, only Ray Peat is replaced with Ron Paul, lol. People say, "wow, those ideas are so out there, I really can't see how they can work. They go against everything I've ever been taught!"
    My general Ron Paul reaction is that I'm nodding along for a bit and then he says something crazy and I have to check out.

lea
    And that 'this is crazy' feeling popped hearing about ray peats views on anemia.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Horrors, equal opportunity for women as men is such a bad thing.
    Nope. It's not. And that's why I believe in equal opportunities for everyone. You know, like I just said. It's not that complicated.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    My general Ron Paul reaction is that I'm nodding along for a bit and then he says something crazy and I have to check out.
    Common reaction to challenging the status quo. Peat gets the same response. People just can't believe something so "radical" can work. But it can and does.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No that CW you are talking about is more like 1970s vintage. He is quoting studies from the late 1800s and very early 1900s. A lot has happened in evidence based medicine since then.
    That's kinda funny for you to say. Someone who believes in nutritional and wellness principles, supposedly based on the Paleolithic lifestyle of humans. Last time I checked that period on Earth was long before the late 1800s.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    That's kinda funny for you to say. Someone who believes in nutritional and wellness principles, supposedly based on the Paleolithic lifestyle of humans. Last time I checked that period on Earth was long before the late 1800s.
    Ahhh, but evolutionary science (at least a good deal of it) continues to expand and be built on in the literature even today! No, I love the old stuff and the new alike. I think the old stuff is just as likely to be influenced by personal gain and prejudices as the new stuff is to influenced by cooperate greed. I.e. TRUST NOBODY!!!

lea
    Common reaction to challenging the status quo. Peat gets the same response. People just can't believe something so "radical" can work. But it can and does.
    Not to get too sidetracked but just about everybody on this website believes in something considered radical and challenging the status quo. That doesn't mean the status quo is wrong in all instances. Paul says a lot I agree with and a lot I really, really don't. It's not right just because its different.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    Not to get too sidetracked but just about everybody on this website believes in something considered radical and challenging the status quo. That doesn't mean the status quo is wrong in all instances. Paul says a lot I agree with and a lot I really, really don't. It's not right just because its different.
    Depends on what you disagree with. If you agree with unprovoked acts of aggression, that's wrong no matter how you justify them. e.g., initiating wars, military presence virtually everywhere, taxation, punishing people for victimless crimes, and etc.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast