Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 14

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I'm on the opposite end in your sister state, New York. I know exactly what you mean.
    The worst is when people can't even differentiate between a Liberal and Libertarian. They assume both are the same thing, and I can't stand being lumped with that group of dogmatic, compliant, parasitic leeches who don't even know that their actions are a boon on humanity and society and are successfully pushing back free thought and making racial relations and gender relations much, much worse.

Feminism, not even once.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Google what? I searched for ray peat progest e and there's like one result at the top. This equals ads everywhere? I see ads for Primal on Facebook and dozens of other sites I visit. I have never seen an ad for Ray Peat anywhere without deliberately searching for it. When you are actively searching for something of course it will have results! It's when you aren't searching for something that it becomes advertisement saturation, which Ray Peat progest-e is NOT guilty of.
    Calm down. I never said "advertisement saturation". I just said it is advertised and it is for sale and he presumably does make money off of it.

The thing about Mark's whole program is about getting people to be so heathy and nutrient replete that supplements become unnecessary. Ray's articles keep leading back to that underlying problem that can only be fixed with an exogenous substance (which he just "happens" to sell, isn't that nice?). I choose to believe that the human body is not broken by design. But if you sell people the problem, then it is very easy to sell them the solution. Kinda like the same people sell you the wax and the wax remover.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-01-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Again, no one should blame Mark for anything they do to themselves if they take his advice to eat VLC and end up sick.
    He does NOT advise VLC, in fact he recommends against it.

Read the book before spouting off such ignorance.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    The worst is when people can't even differentiate between a Liberal and Libertarian. They assume both are the same thing, and I can't stand being lumped with that group of dogmatic, compliant, parasitic leeches who don't even know that their actions are a boon on humanity and society and are successfully pushing back free thought and making racial relations and gender relations much, much worse.

Feminism, not even once.
    I am anti-feminism. I believe in true equality, which means no privileges or discrimination in any direction. Classical liberal.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    He does NOT advise VLC, in fact he recommends against it.

Read the book before spouting off such ignorance.
    Sure he does. From the Amazon description:

- Weight loss is all about insulin; moderate your production by eliminating sugar and grains (yes, even whole grains) and you will lose the excess body fat you desire without dieting—plus you will improve your energy level, reduce inflammation, and eliminate disease risk.
    - Eating meat, eggs, and a generally high-fat diet not only is healthy but is the key to effortless weight loss, a healthy immune system, and boundless energy.
    - Slowing down your typical cardiovascular workouts, and incorporating brief, intense strength sessions and occasional all-out sprints can produce fitness benefits far superior to workouts that are much longer and more grueling—and can eliminate the risk of burnout.

Oh, the carb curve too. Need I point out everything wrong with that, what you said, and your never-ending ability to dig yourself further into a hole with your hypocrisy?

I am anti-feminism. I believe in true equality, which means no privileges or discrimination in any direction. Classical liberal.
    It's such a breath of fresh air to find people who still have these beliefs. I got into an argument with someone who wanted to distinguish two types of feminism, when both are equally useless labels. If you're about equality between the sexes, you don't need labels that lump you in with a whole bunch of loons. Call yourself a humanitarian, if anything, then.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Meeee too.

THe sad thing is that we live in such a divided world that when you talk about equality, people assume your a feminist anyway.

I'm an Equalist*.

*registers as a spelling mistake
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Calm down. I never said "advertisement saturation". I just said it is advertised and it is for sale and he presumably does make money off of it.

The thing about Mark's whole program is about getting people to be so heathy and nutrient replete that supplements become unnecessary. Ray's articles keep leading back to that underlying problem that can only be fixed with an exogenous substance. I choose to believe that the human body is not broken by design. But if you sell people the problem, then it is very easy to sell them the solution. Kinda like the same people sell you the wax and the wax remover.
    I think you're mistaken. The reasoning behind Ray Peat's food recommendations is largely to restore nutrients, balance hormones, and optimize metabolism. I fail to see how his advice is circular and dependent on supplementation. That's not my takeaway at all and I have never seen any other ray peat follower who believes that. In fact, most of the people I observe don't supplement at all, or do so outside of his indirect recommendations. I think you have a very skewed perception of him.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

It's such a breath of fresh air to find people who still have these beliefs. I got into an argument with someone who wanted to distinguish two types of feminism, when both are equally useless labels. If you're about equality between the sexes, you don't need labels that lump you in with a whole bunch of loons. Call yourself a humanitarian, if anything, then.
    I knowwwwww agreed x a zillion

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Meeee too.

THe sad thing is that we live in such a divided world that when you talk about equality, people assume your a feminist anyway.

I'm an Equalist*.

*registers as a spelling mistake
    Omg, yay ! Must be a peat trait, haha.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast