Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 13

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Commiefornia, where it's not even legal to criticize Israel for their illegal occupation of Palestine, because it's considered an anti-semetic hate crime.

Also, home of by far the largest population of white guilt neo-liberals who tout the phrase "If you question authority, you're a racist", and happily take state penis in their metaphorical behinds.
    I'm on the opposite end in your sister state, New York. I know exactly what you mean.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Still working on that one. But we have Governor Moonbeam.
    My condolences.

He doen't market it yet all the peatarians here are talking about it. How did they hear about it? Telepathy? Right.
    Because word-of-mouth doesn't occur, right? Improbable that his audience communicates with each other?

Mark recommends eating real food, good exercise, sun, sleep, play, and avoiding poisonous things. That is not going to hurt anyone.
    This is exactly what Ray Peat recommends, WTF?

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    There's so many conflicting stances on this forum. In one breath conventional wisdom is all wrong and doctors do not know anything about nutrition and rarely cure underlying conditions, but instead treat symptoms. On the otherrrrrr hand, you shouldn't independently seek information and attempt to heal yourself with internet information, you might fall for snake oil scams, and you definitely aren't knowledgeable enough to help yourself. Go to an MD who has a wall of degrees... and who likely knows little about nutrition and will prescribe drugs to manage symptoms.
    No, it's somewhere down the middle. be skeptical, do your own research, but also realize that, unless you are a doctor yourself, you may need some professional advice when it comes to the important/serious stuff (i.e.more than a scraped knee or a rash).

Don't throw the entire medical profession out with the CW bathwater. Find a good doctor. Don't tell all of them to jump off.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    There's so many conflicting stances on this forum. In one breath conventional wisdom is all wrong and doctors do not know anything about nutrition and rarely cure underlying conditions, but instead treat symptoms. On the otherrrrrr hand, you shouldn't independently seek information and attempt to heal yourself with internet information, you might fall for snake oil scams, and you definitely aren't knowledgeable enough to help yourself. Go to an MD who has a wall of degrees... and who likely knows little about nutrition and will prescribe drugs to manage symptoms.
    It's all very contradictory. Paleobird has Ray Peat all wrong too. I emailed him my labs, got a free consultation, and he told me what he thought I should do. This was months ago. Nowhere did he try to sell me a bunch of stuff I didn't need, he just gave me advice from one person to another. Doctors won't do that. They will insist you're wrong on all accounts. If something is becoming mainstream enough to be accepted, there is a sure possibility that there stands to be money made off you. The same thing Paleobird is trying to criticize one person for doing, despite being really wrong.

Why should I have to trust one person's word over another? I did not blindly follow Ray Peat, I did my own research, in my own way, using my own feelings as guidelines. People are so out of touch with how their own real bodies even feel. Blame indoctrination.

Are we not all capable? Human beings can govern themselves, and if they can't even govern their own health problems on their own without going to see a doctor, there is something really wrong. It's my body, I decide what I do with it. Advice is welcome, belittling my intelligence and telling me what to do is not. Don't tread on me.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    Because word-of-mouth doesn't occur, right? Improbable that his audience communicates with each other?

This is exactly what Ray Peat recommends, WTF?
    Google it. The ads are everywhere.

That was is response to Derp saying that Mark's advice was soooooooo dangerous.

Don't throw the entire medical profession out with the CW bathwater. Find a good doctor. Don't tell all of them to jump off.
    Of course not. I'd never suggest or do such a thing, but I also believe in doing my own research and experimenting. You can't protect everybody from themselves. But you also can't protect everybody from malpractice. I think trusting doctors can be just as risky when they are so quick to prescribe dangerous drugs. I think it's important to do your own research regardless of who is guiding you.

Google what? I searched for ray peat progest e and there's like one result at the top. This equals ads everywhere? I see ads for Primal on Facebook and dozens of other sites I visit. I have never seen an ad for Ray Peat anywhere without deliberately searching for it. When you are actively searching for something of course it will have results! It's when you aren't searching for something that it becomes advertisement saturation, which Ray Peat progest-e is NOT guilty of.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I did not blindly follow Ray Peat, I did my own research, in my own way, using my own feelings as guidelines. People are so out of touch with how their own real bodies even feel. Blame indoctrination.

Are we not all capable? Human beings can govern themselves, and if they can't even govern their own health problems on their own without going to see a doctor, there is something really wrong. It's my body, I decide what I do with it. Advice is welcome, belittling my intelligence and telling me what to do is not. Don't tread on me.
    This is exactly what I did with Primal. It is not indoctrination, it is evidence. Yet you call me a sheeple at every opportunity.

Ads? All I see is a bunch of Peat forums and blogs discussing it. It's not even him lol.

You don't even need to google primal blueprint, the ads are all over the forum.

Again, no one should blame Mark for anything they do to themselves if they take his advice to eat VLC and end up sick. They chose to follow one person word for word. You can blame him however for being such a scheming marketer and using buzzwords. He doesn't just recommend those things, it's clear that he has a stance on VLC.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is exactly what I did with Primal. It is not indoctrination, it is evidence. Yet you call me a sheeple at every opportunity.
    I called you a sheeple for the prop 65 thing, not for whatever you're doing with your health. I take your word for it, and your anecdotal evidence is pretty astounding considering you're a cancer survivor.

You just keep saying things like discussion = pushing Peat guidelines on others, and word of mouth = relentless pushing of a product. It makes no sense, and you're just wrong. I will never tell you what to eat, I will simply give my opinion. your way isn't a one size fits all kind of thing, otherwise there would be no other opinions, and you shouldn't be intimidated by the fact different opinions are being posted here.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-01-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    nihil

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast