Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat Eating Plan Weight Loss? page 11

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No that CW you are talking about is more like 1970s vintage. He is quoting studies from the late 1800s and very early 1900s. A lot has happened in evidence based medicine since then.
    But that still doesn't mean all of the original science is incorrect, nor does it mean all of the newer science is right. Facts do not become outdated, you know this but are dancing around it.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and Mark Sisson is a blogger and a former athlete. Yet speaks with the conviction of someone with real medical knowledge, when all he's doing is pandering to the same regurgitated junk science as every other blogger out there.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    He doesn't take many people, he lives in the middle of nowhereville Mexico. He recommends natural ways of boosting progesterone, etc; and gives recommendations for other products which he makes nothing on. He doesn't like most supplements at all. In fact, finding a way to buy his progesterone is a chore in itself.

You speak of all these things, with no basis, yet you enthusiastically endorse Mark Sisson, who uses proganada, marketing buzzwords with no meaning, writes books, charges a killing for them, and sells sub-par supplements in order to pay for his Malibu beach house. Real charitable person.
    Right. You can't defend a snake oil salesman, so you lash out at Mark. I don't use his supplements BTW and he even said at the AHS that healthy people don't need supplements.

"Dr." Ray keeps trying to convince everybody that the root of all physical problems is an under-active thyroid. You'e tired, you must have a thyroid problem. You are depressed, it must be your thyroid. And ladies you all must have estrogen dominance so here, buy this magical progesterone cream from me and it will transform your life.

Mark doesn't do any of that and he is upfront about who he is and his credentials.

Lustig at least is an actual doctor, a pediatric endocrinologist to be precise, as opposed to a former teacher hawking his snake oil creams and calling himself "Doctor". I know you love to poke fun at Lustig but that doesn't make his ideas wrong, it just makes you look petty.
    A pediatric endocrinologist at a prestigious medical center placed me on a pizza diet when I was 9-years-old: 1 cup skim milk and Dunkin' Donuts chocolate chip muffin for breakfast, plus 3 slices of Sicilian cheese pizza for lunch, dinner, and snack.

Just sayin'.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    A pediatric endocrinologist at a prestigious medical center placed me on a pizza diet when I was 9-years-old: 1 cup skim milk and Dunkin' Donuts chocolate chip muffin for breakfast, plus 3 slices of Sicilian cheese pizza for lunch, dinner, and snack.

Just sayin'.
    That's exactly what Dr. Lustig is arguing against doing. Just sayin'.

Right. You can't defend a snake oil salesman, so you lash out at Mark. I don't use his supplements BTW and he even said at the AHS that healthy people don't need supplements.

"Dr." Ray keeps trying to convince everybody that the root of all physical problems is an under-active thyroid. You'e tired, you must have a thyroid problem. You are depressed, it must be your thyroid. And ladies you all must have estrogen dominance so here, buy this magical progesterone cream from me and it will transform your life.

Mark doesn't do any of that and he is upfront about who he is and his credentials.
    When all else fails make things up from your own biased perspective and inability to formulate a proper argument due to lack of understanding and knowledge of the subject.

I can do the same: carb curve. Everyone is overweight because of carbs, fructose is alcohol without the buzz, sugar kills, grok harder, EAT MOAR FAT, if you feel bad on MOAR fat, you're a failure. Did I mention EAT MOAR FAT?

When you are not even an actual doctor but yet are selling remedies over the net that you convince your readers they *need*, that to me smells of snake oil. He charges $75 for a consult. He is not doing this for charity.
    Where are you getting this from?! You are so misinformed. He does not try very hard to sell anything. Its not even a cream! You see how untruths spread? It is very hard to purchase his progesterone supplement. He hardly mentions it and it's not for sale in many places, not even his own web site!! And he certainly doesn't recommend it for anyone but those who may actually need it, like me, someone who isn't producing enough progesterone on her own. He clearly isn't into making profits or being a household brand name. You have this man all wrong. Stop spreading lies.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    When all else fails make things up from your own biased perspective and inability to formulate a proper argument due to lack of understanding and knowledge of the subject.

I can do the same: carb curve. Everyone is overweight because of carbs, fructose is alcohol without the buzz, sugar kills, grok harder, EAT MOAR FAT, if you feel bad on MOAR fat, you're a failure. Did I mention EAT MOAR FAT?
    Derp, you are making even less sense than usual.

Derp, you are making even less sense than usual.
    Less sense is better than no sense. And, I don't need to defend Ray Peat from you, your easily see through lies and disinformation are all that is needed.

pabs is offline Senior Member
    This thread has degenerated substantially. There is no point of arguing over whose guru is better. We will not come to any conclusion that is of benefit. We're better off sharing our personal experience with the Ray Peat style of eating which to me means adding more sugar to diet along with things like gelatin (correct me if I'm wrong)

I've been adding more sugar in the form of OJ, melons and bananas to my diet in the past two days but I don't know what to make of it yet. I think I feel stronger, but I also notice some of my knee pain and eczema coming back and I take it as a sign of inflammation. I'm noticeably hungrier, which I take as a good thing, but I also get anxious if I can't eat for a few hours.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast