Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McDonald's McDouble "cheapest, most nutritious and bountiful food ever" page

AshSimmonds is offline Member

Cool McDonald's McDouble "cheapest, most nutritious and bountiful food ever"

Primal Fuel
    Not sure if anyone has seen this latest malarkey - basically it's been said that the $1 McDouble is basically humanity's greatest caloric/nutritional/value achievement, I found it quite oddball yet interesting, so decided to do a write-up on it all.

--> McDonald’s McDouble – Greatest Most Bountiful Source of Nutrition, or Death on a Bun?

Enjoy (hopefully)!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    seeing that line reminds me of the mcdonald's publicity machine saying that their food molded and went bad just like any other food

when anyone who's ever been a child eating at mcdonald's and dropping buns and fries in the bottom of the car only to find them some time later as hard disks and sticks could, with more authority, say otherwise

i'm choosing to disbelieve, is what i'm getting at here
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    This kind of thing cracks me up. It's like the new MalWart ads touting all the good they do. I just mentally spit on the ground and go about my day.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Huarache Gal is online now Senior Member
    Good stuff, Ash. I enjoyed reading it.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    "I used to eat crazy amounts of meat and cheese and bacon. I still do, but I used to, too."

Love it. I also loved the All Your Base reference.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I was hoping the author intended it to be satire.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

rcav8r is online now Senior Member
    I used to love those things, minus the cheese, and had them about once a week along with fries and diet coke. $3.37 for a quick meal on the way to work.

Just one piece of the puzzle that contributed to getting fat again.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    McDonalds is amazing if you want to put on weight, 23g of protein for $1 is fantastic. Shame it isn't so good for your health long term though.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I saw the article in facebook a few days ago, being circulated by free-market, libertarian types as some kind of evidence of the victory of the market

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

rcav8r is online now Senior Member
    On the other side of the fence, I just read a discussion on how small the profit margin is on the dollar items. They need to sell a lot of mcdoubles to equal the profit margin of a big mac. This can be especially hard if your store is located near a source of young, nearly broke people, such as near a college or high school, who will buy the cheap and filling foods.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast