Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McDonald's McDouble "cheapest, most nutritious and bountiful food ever"

Shop Now
    You can get a 2.18 lb block of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese at Costco for 6.99. I haven't mathed that all out, but that's a pretty solid nutrition value in my book. Aaaaaaand delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    You can get a 2.18 lb block of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese at Costco for 6.99. I haven't mathed that all out, but that's a pretty solid nutrition value in my book. Aaaaaaand delicious.
    Unless you can't eat dairy.

I'll get a bunless mcdouble when I'm out and need food because they are one of the few places that don't make me sick, and as a super sensitive celiac that's priority #1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Pft. That's how much a one pound thing is here at the stores that actually carry it.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    McDonalds is amazing if you want to put on weight, 23g of protein for $1 is fantastic. Shame it isn't so good for your health long term though.
    100g of canned tuna in spring water has 25g protien and costs about $1.

The only thing I would buy at McVomit's is coffee or tea (locally now have coffee shop section - if not worldwide). Some years back their tea and coffee was horrible - lower quality than the food.

Last week I was meeting with a group at a fast food place. I had one of their salads with my own dressing, and one of their burgers, sans buns. I have to say, it was tasty, and I suffered no ill-effects. I wouldn't search them out, but if you are going to eat at a fast food place, there are semi-primal options to be had. I would definitely eat a McDouble, just without the buns.

Or the "cheese".

M.

I believe their cheese really is cheese, not 'cheese food', although with 'American cheese' you get the extra 'stuff'. Still, not the WORST thing.

Learn More
    What's really in a McDonald's hamburger?

From that link, if you don't mind CAFO beef, the burger patty is the most benign thing on the ingredient list of a burger at McD.

I'd go with a can of tuna or sardines any day. IF would be even better.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.