Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Stop Eat??? page

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member

Question Eat Stop Eat???

Primal Fuel
    I just read about this book on Intermittent Fasting called "Eat Stop Eat".

Has anybody read it or know anything about it? One thing I noticed on the website was that, if you IF, you can eat anything you want. It says "there are no bad foods". It says it is okay to eat sugar, pizza, cake, cookies, etc.

That seems a little off to me...

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that is BS. IF'ing does not make up for eating junk.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    sounds like a cop-out book to make people feel better about being addicted to toxic substances. its like "oh its ok to have heroin once in a while...you know...as long as its in moderation."
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Grol is offline Senior Member
    The author is a fan of paleo eating, but he sells more ebooks by telling people to eat what they want. I'm a believer in the concepts of IFing, but all the information ESE is selling can be found for free and without sales gimmicks that encourage people to eat crap if they want. I think we can all agree that is more doomed to fail than eliminating bad food and not IFing. Both is probably best.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    If i heard i could eat more of what i wanted, i think id be more inclined to buy that book as well. IF+primal=Beast
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Well, if your only goal is to lose weight, which is probably true of most people buying diet books, I think most people COULD eat whatever junk they want and still lose weight with that sort of IFing. But I think we're different in that we're hoping to be healthy, too. =]

yeah, being primal makes me feel good overall. fat burning is a bonus XD
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Mark's protocols at Lean gains/Lyle's protocols are the best IF/modified IF programs I've seen. Here's mark's site:
    http://leangains.blogspot.com/

Lyle's:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

whoa, that blog is pretty cool.

jack g is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I read "Eat Stop Eat" and got a lot out of it. Just because the author isn't as concerned with foods being "paleo" does not mean his work should be discounted. His program is a pretty good way to create a sustained caloric deficit without going batty.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is Eat Stop Eat combined with a paleo diet = kick a**.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast