Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eat Stop Eat??? page 4

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Martin is awesome. He's gone through multiple transformations. He know's his stuff.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Im excited to pick up his book. Should be coming out soon.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    That's one to add to the library
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Anxiously awaiting Martin's book too. That dude has a plethora of knowledge that I need for my own usage.
    I grok, therefore I am.

greek_girl is offline Member
    Hi lovestoclimb.
    Do you think that the Eat Stop Eat book is worth buying? Does it say something more than Mark says on this website or his book?

greek_girl is offline Member
    Completely agree. That's why I haven't convinced myself buying it.... It is not about the money but the principle...

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    It's worth a buy if you're going to read it over and over but it's really just a read once kind of book. His approach is basically eat sensibly and throw in a 24 hour fast once or twice a week to drop body fat. It's not overly complicated.
    I grok, therefore I am.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    The Fast Five diet is something that you might want to look into as well. I really don't think it should even be called a diet, but they give some good recommendations on IFing. Their e-book is free at least so, you won't have to pay for their advice and it can be incorporated into a primal lifestyle rather well. I think Martin is great too, but he's more muscular and lean than I aspire to be.

http://www.fast-5.com/

CradlingaLion is offline Member
    I am in my first 24 hour fast right now.

This is a gift. Never in my LIFE have I been able to fast, not even for a blood test for a doctor, without agony, dizziness, crankiness. And I have always been at a healthy weight and always eaten healthfully (according to CW). I had always assumed I was hypoglycemic.

My pastor has described feelings of lightness, awareness, and pleasure when fasting. He advocates a 24 hour fast with prayer whenever necessary, but optimally at least once a month. I always thought he was crazy -- that would use up all of my sick time at work, because how can I function with NO FOOD???

Whether or not you participate in church, I'm sure you'll relate to the wide-eyed, alert, energetic feeling that has come over me... and I have only missed two meals so far. I'm even sitting here with my daily cup of coffee, and it's just shy of effortless. I only came here to testify about it because I WAS a skeptic and now I am most certainly NOT. I can assure you all that increasing my fat and decreasing my carbs and eating more whole food is exactly how I did it. I have not increased my exercise at all from low to moderate levels that I have maintained for years.

Here's to (hopefully) being able to kick the last 5-10 pounds of body fat through IF haha

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, it worth it buying brad's book. I don't follow it a hundred percent, but it's still worth the knowledge. I been IF for 6 month now and swear by it. I basically skip breakfast and love training in the fasten state.

Good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234