Thread: Eat Stop Eat??? page 2

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for your input, folks!

RSL
    Quote Originally Posted by EGYnutrition View Post
    Mark's protocols at Lean gains/Lyle's protocols are the best IF/modified IF programs I've seen. Here's mark's site:
    http://leangains.blogspot.com/

Lyle's:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    I looked extensively at both of these blogs, but I could not find anything that would be of help to a fat, middle aged woman. It seems like they are both geared toward professional body builders.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    eating primally means being able to IF with out feeling the intense pains/withdraws of hunger. I dont know how many people who buy this book and IF, and continue to eat a toxic diet, will end up sticking with it, due to the shock the IF will cause to a body that is used to having carbs/sugar etc. I refuse to believe that the IF would be a pleasant experience after a diet of pizza and ice cream.

Mahewa is offline Member

Health is Wealth

Whatever you believe will be your reality.
    I believe that Health is Wealth and without Health Nothing Matters...
    Alternative Medicine For Body And Mind

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    I can tell you that the majority of viewers of both those blogs are not professional bodybuilders...

Mark from leangains has some amazing IF theories which are only put in stone with his client testimonial pictures. I think they help everyone, hell they are designed to help everyone.

Lyle's info is more informational, but still applicable. His weekly posts deal with more specific issues, but the books are where all the info is at. The guide to flexible dieting is most definitely not for professional bodybuilders.

Either way, you just need to do what works best for you. I can say "x" program is the best, but in the end with any program you will have to individualize it. Good luck.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahewa View Post
    Whatever you believe will be your reality.
    I believe that Health is Wealth and without Health Nothing Matters...
    +1

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    eating primally means being able to IF with out feeling the intense pains/withdraws of hunger. I dont know how many people who buy this book and IF, and continue to eat a toxic diet, will end up sticking with it, due to the shock the IF will cause to a body that is used to having carbs/sugar etc. I refuse to believe that the IF would be a pleasant experience after a diet of pizza and ice cream.
    totally. IF'ing on a high carb diet is torturous, possible even detrimental since the body will be looking for glucose to burn, and will get them from muscle proteins.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    I've read it and I follow Brad Pilon. He's not an advocate of any 'diet'. He's pretty much a calories in vs. calories out kinda guy. But still, it does not detract from the plethora of information that you can get from the book.
    I grok, therefore I am.

RSL
    Thanks, everyone!

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Kickass, i concur XD
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast