Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting page

imp
    imp is offline Senior Member

Intermittent fasting

Primal Fuel
    How often should I do intermittent fasting?

When I drink black coffee am I breaking fasting?

How long is a fasting time?

Are there any books that goes into the science of fasting?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing IF for two months. I typically have my first meal at 11:00 and the second at 7:00. Mark has said it is fine to drink coffee and it won't break the fast but I don't do it because coffee doesn't agree with me. Supposedly there is this book called the 8 hour Diet which goes into more details but I haven't read it. There are other versions of IF. Some people restrict eating to a 4-6 hours and some people will fast all day long one or two days a week. If you go to mercola dot com and search for intermittent fasting, he has a lot of articles which are great and I am sure Mark does as well. I have definitely felt like my blood sugar has been more stable, I am not constantly thinking about food and don't get hungry at all in between meals. I just generally feel that eating all day long isn't healthy, for me at least. In the beginning, I was doing a very low carb ketogenic diet and I didn't feel well at all so I added some carbs back in, squash, berries and sweet potatoes and this has been working better. I would recommend trying IF.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    You need to tailor it to your own needs, there's no 'one size fits all' option for this.

For me, It comes naturally. I eat when i feel hungry. Sometimes this means i don't eat for 12-14 hrs.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    fasting isn't mandatory either.

fine-tune your diet and it should start happening naturally. forcing it may make you miserable.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    How often should I do intermittent fasting?

When I drink black coffee am I breaking fasting?

How long is a fasting time?

Are there any books that goes into the science of fasting?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fast for as long or as short as you want (though at some point if it is too short it isn't really a fast).

As for the coffee, there are different schools of thought on what can be consumed during a fast. Generally, most people would agree that any natural liquids without calories are fine (coffee, water, tea, etc.) If you are doing Bulletproof intermittant fasting you can consume fat (such as bulletproof coffee) without "breaking the fast" as long as you don't have any carbs or protien. The idea is that the lack of insulin response does not cause the metabolic effects of eating, even though you are still consuming fat. Autophagy should also continue if you only consume fat. You will just be partially burning the dietary fat instead of body fat, but the important thing is that you are still in ketosis and burning fat.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I notice you started another thread about primal desserts. You will find it much easier to IF if you are eating lower carb and higher fat, due to lower insulin responses to your meals. However, as others have said, you really need to get dialled in to primal before considering IF. It is an advanced tool in the primal arsenal
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

imp
    I'm doing internment fasting 14-16 hours a day niow...and with an eating period of 8 hpurs ...it works out best when the fasting gpoes through sleep! I feel very energize...I also exercise before fast

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

imp
    Oh and I stop coffee during fast....and just drink water...I also do some walking

imp
    Thanks for all you're guys input...tell me what you guys do to meet your schedule!

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I'm doing internment fasting 14-16 hours a day niow...and with an eating period of 8 hpurs ...it works out best when the fasting gpoes through sleep! I feel very energize...I also exercise before fast

So . you exercise in the sternum? When did your fast begin?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast