Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intermittent fasting page 2

imp
    imp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Exercise during eating time....Eat 7 am to 3 pm then fast till the next day 7am

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Go do a search on the forum ( upper right corner of your screen) for "Intermittent Fasting- a primer". There is a 3 part series done by pklopp that will help lay a bunh of info out for you.

imp
    Is honey lime water okay during a fast?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Maybe.

The point of fasting is to abstain from calories. Fasting extends the amount of time your body is using fat for energy.

Most people workout toward the end of the and break their fast with their eating window.

I suggest going to LeanGains.com and learning from the man himself, Martin Berkhan.

This is what CaveBug suggested:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27894.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread28459.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29011.html

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Fasting will put your body under stress, and increase the production of cortisol, and should probably be avoided by those who already have a good amount of stress in their lives.

Breezy111 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    Fasting will put your body under stress, and increase the production of cortisol, and should probably be avoided by those who already have a good amount of stress in their lives.
    I don't think that's necessarily true for everyone. I've been doing IF for almost a year and a half and I lost 60 lbs. I Implemented primal eating a couple months in but I didn't start exercising until recently. I've maintained my weight loss for 10 months. Everyone responds to fasting differently. Some people simply aren't hungry so there's no stress being added by skipping a meal or two.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I am a diehard faster....it was my personal breakthrough to get single-digit BF, works well with my schedule, and saves money.I can't find much better than that

Fasting is most always going to be hypocaloric, so you are almost guaranteed to lose weight on it, unless you get stupid when you DO eat. Trying to go full primal, or God help you paleo, while on a short eating window will take an enormous amount of discipline. I would not recommend that unless you are really feeling confident. It is an advanced technique because of that...when you fail doing IF, you tend to fail big time.

Most helpful tips are to break the fast around the same time each day for ghrelin's sake, and to make your last meal of the day very high in fat to give you satiety to the next meal. Hope this helps. Good luck!

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    I think of IF as the schedule designed to minimize stress. Of course depleting your protein and electrolytes is a stressor, but watching the clock, locating food in a desolate environment, preparing, cleaning, and digesting are all stressors as well--so shift them to when you can best handle them.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

imp
    I noticed that coffee near the middle of a fast is a bad idea...you have no calories to absorb the caffeine... and your cortisol bumps up when it is not supposed to duringn a fast.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Books re: intermittent fasting -

The Fast Diet by Michael Mosely - It's very interesting. He is a doctor and has gone into some of the benefits of fasting in the book. His method is to fast 2 days and eat regularly 5 days. On your 2 fast days, if you're female you can have 500 calories and 600 calories if male. I've decided to try it. This is my second week. His main reason for fasting is health - weight loss is secondary. He has no problems with caffeinated drinks.

Another advocate of intermittent fasting is Brad Pilon. He's written Eat Stop Eat - It's supposed to be similar to the above book. It's only available through his website at around $37 so I haven't seen it, just read about it on the internet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12