Thread: Diary page

imp
    imp is offline Member

Diary

Shop Now
    Is dairy primal if I eat it occasionally such as full fat greek yogurt, full fat aged cheese, and heavy cream?

If I eat too much would it not be primal anymore? How much is too much?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal eating unlike Paleo allows dairy.

As to quantities, it would depend on how you feel while consuming dairy, and what your goals are.

If I for example drink a cup of heavy cream and eat 8 oz. cheese daily, I'd be most likely gaining weight.

It's all in the context.

imp
    imp is offline Member
    Thank you for your reply!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is Primal. Dairy is not Paleo.

Many of us eat dairy although usually not milk, simply because many are intolerant to milk.

As to how much is too much, I've never heard Mark say. But most use dairy as a side, in addition to meat or fish and veggies, not as a replacement for them.

" full fat greek yogurt, full fat aged cheese, and heavy cream", yes, yes, and yes.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i eat all those things, but grass-fed and organic. the supermarket cheese makes me want to binge and the commercial cream tastes nasty, so choose your sources wisely.

i also don't eat them all on the same day, nor everyday.

see how you feel.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Dairy is Primal. Dairy is not Paleo.

Many of us eat dairy although usually not milk, simply because many are intolerant to milk.

As to how much is too much, I've never heard Mark say. But most use dairy as a side, in addition to meat or fish and veggies, not as a replacement for them.

" full fat greek yogurt, full fat aged cheese, and heavy cream", yes, yes, and yes.
    Are people really still making any distinction. I can find a bunch of people that say dairy is paleo. Now, are we talking paleo or Paleo? It's kind of like democracy and Democracy now. One is a framework, the other is a brand.

pdfloveing is offline Junior Member
    If I for example drink a cup of heavy cream and eat 8 oz. cheese daily, I'd be most likely gaining weight.