Thread: Jumprope and exercise

Hybrid View

Jumprope and exercise

I got myself one pretty much to do it just for fun but if I want to make it more of a workout, how would I go about doing that? Is there a particular routine that I can do or do I just keep skipping until I get tired.

Sorry I know kind of a dumb question.

Cayla, you can do it in intervals (say jumping for 1 min and resting for 30 sec) or try workouts that introduce different kind of jumping (Internet have these too, lol). Or you can get a couple of friends to join in and turn it into a play, one skipping the rope taking turns with 2 people wiping it around in various patterns.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Cayla, you can do it in intervals (say jumping for 1 min and resting for 30 sec) or try workouts that introduce different kind of jumping (Internet have these too, lol). Or you can get a couple of friends to join in and turn it into a play, one skipping the rope taking turns with 2 people wiping it around in various patterns.
    Oh okay intervals is a great idea. I didn't even think of that. I don't think my friends would be into skipping rope with me...lol..I'm just looking too mix things up since I'm on vacation for a month and I have all the energy I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    haha...okay that is intense...

Yep, intervall rope skipping as mentioned by Leida. Make sure to get a high quality leather rope like the boxers are using! A very good tool for overall conditioning and weightloss...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 07-29-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yep, intervall rope skipping as mentioned by Leida. Make sure to get a high quality leather rope like the boxers are using! A very good tool for overall conditioning and weightloss...

I just got the harbinger one and it is plastic but the rope is adjustable that's why I got it. I'm 5'2 so I needed something that is not too long plus I went to my local new balance and they only had the plastic ones. I thought to start with this and maybe I can move up to the fancier rope but I have to search around where I live to see where I can get a leather rope.

I don't what it is but these videos are making me laugh..I think I would look really silly doing this