Thread: Jumprope and exercise page

cayla29s is offline Senior Member

Jumprope and exercise

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got myself one pretty much to do it just for fun but if I want to make it more of a workout, how would I go about doing that? Is there a particular routine that I can do or do I just keep skipping until I get tired.

Sorry I know kind of a dumb question.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Cayla, you can do it in intervals (say jumping for 1 min and resting for 30 sec) or try workouts that introduce different kind of jumping (Internet have these too, lol). Or you can get a couple of friends to join in and turn it into a play, one skipping the rope taking turns with 2 people wiping it around in various patterns.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Goldie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    haha...okay that is intense...

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Cayla, you can do it in intervals (say jumping for 1 min and resting for 30 sec) or try workouts that introduce different kind of jumping (Internet have these too, lol). Or you can get a couple of friends to join in and turn it into a play, one skipping the rope taking turns with 2 people wiping it around in various patterns.
    Oh okay intervals is a great idea. I didn't even think of that. I don't think my friends would be into skipping rope with me...lol..I'm just looking too mix things up since I'm on vacation for a month and I have all the energy I need.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Yep, intervall rope skipping as mentioned by Leida. Make sure to get a high quality leather rope like the boxers are using! A very good tool for overall conditioning and weightloss...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 07-29-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yep, intervall rope skipping as mentioned by Leida. Make sure to get a high quality leather rope like the boxers are using! A very good tool for overall conditioning and weightloss...

I just got the harbinger one and it is plastic but the rope is adjustable that's why I got it. I'm 5'2 so I needed something that is not too long plus I went to my local new balance and they only had the plastic ones. I thought to start with this and maybe I can move up to the fancier rope but I have to search around where I live to see where I can get a leather rope.

I don't what it is but these videos are making me laugh..I think I would look really silly doing this