Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello and am I doing this wrong? page 2

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    5 days is nothing, exspecially if you have other issues going on, i do think your body will prioritize healing over weight loss so give it some time.
    If you still dont lose after say 3-4 weeks then you can start tweaking things but better to get the basics down first.
    Also weight isent always the best determing factor. Take messurements and see if they change, you could put on muscle and lose fat and be loosing inches/sizes without realizing because the scales staying the same.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

astromom is offline Member
    Another thought about the wine - my husband and I have gone to only having drinks on the weekend most weeks and usually only one drink each day Friday-Sunday, so we still get the treat but not every day. We've been primal for 3.5 months now and husband has lost 28-30 lbs and I've lost 10-12 and are both now at weights we are happy with.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Whitty1, I'm only a shorty 5'2". I have brought my daily calorie intake down to between 850 and 1200 over the last few days. I'm only eating twice a day but that's normal enough for me. There have been a couple of pounds off but I have to say I am feeling awful. I've been taking vitamin B and iron to help this. I have to admit I have also taken a square of 85% chocolate over the last 2 days when I have felt really bad. I feel foggy and a couple of times I really felt like I was going to faint. I am persevering though and just hope this passes soon

Aingealag is offline Member
    Hi Kikiperpie, I'm not a nutritionist, but I work for a world-renowned weight- and diabetes control company and we never recommend a calorie target under 1200. That is the absolute minimum, do not go under it. Many of our members think that the lower they aim the more weight they lose, but it simply doesn't work that way. Make sure you get enough calories or you could be doing more harm than good to your body and your metabolism.

I totally agree with you Aingealag. It was totally accidental. I am still trying to work out the best way to balance nutrition with variety but I've ordered 2 PB books which should arrive any day now so hopefully I'll be more enlightened after I've read those.

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kikiperpie,

If it's any consolation - I've been Primal for about 2 months, and not lost anything. I am not at my heaviest now though, I lost a fair bit when I went on Atkins and gave up drinking. I'm now tweaking things bit by bit, but as it all took us so long to build up the weight, it's not going to fall off in a week / month or what we think is fair! The health benefits I've gained far outweigh (literally) the lbs I'm looking to shed, eventually.

Time takes time - they say!!!

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

PG you are right. It has taken me a few years to put the weight on but I have not been a food abuser in any way. In fact I have fully supported my husband's primal diet for several years and I would eat fish and veg or steak and veg a few times a week. I will continue on, but I'm looking forward to getting over the current dip so I can get into some serious exercise, that just ain't happening at the mo with my energy levels in my boots
    Kiki

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Honest feedback.

In FIVE DAYS you have effortlessly had IBS health issue disappear, a lot more energy and presumably feeling much better - but a number on a scale is more important than the beginning of the health improvements after these five days.

Sorry if is sounds harsh but plenty has happened and it's just the beginning - first the health needs to be restored, the aesthetics will follow.
    Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 08-02-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    PG you are right. It has taken me a few years to put the weight on but I have not been a food abuser in any way. In fact I have fully supported my husband's primal diet for several years and I would eat fish and veg or steak and veg a few times a week. I will continue on, but I'm looking forward to getting over the current dip so I can get into some serious exercise, that just ain't happening at the mo with my energy levels in my boots
    Kiki
    Your body I think ** is seeking a slow down to catch up with the changes you've made, the 'carb flu' is quite common, and once you're over it, energy levels to rise, moods improve, sleep improves - all sorts of things. I too am on a real downer about not having this magical weight loss especially after 2 months, but I don't know if I've honestly been 100% at it, but there again, I am looking at it as a life long thing, so I will of course 'cheat' in the years to come, so I'm not obsessing.

I am on vacation in 2 months, so my goal is to slim down a bit by then. I have some physical stuff I'm working on before I can properly do some of the exercises which frustrates me.

Anyway, hang in there - and you'll be feeling alot more alert soon.

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

burnham is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I didn't see much change until 3 weeks into my Primal life. It took me years and years to get to the physical and mental state we are in so it might take a while for our bodies to realize a change has been made and start to work properly. I haven't given up my evening cocktail yet and it might be a while before I do, but I started to drop ounces every day about a week ago. (14 lbs so far) When I started, I was also over eating in calories while my body adjusted. Now I am able to fast when I'm not hungry, I don't panic if it appears I don't have enough to eat because the quality overwhelms the quantity now. I don't worry about cravings because they are for veggies, fat and protein. Good luck and remember to be patient. (1 month Primal and strong)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast