Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KFC page 3

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Kuno I had to eat on the road last weekend, and we stopped at a Hardee's (Carl's Jr. for the east coast). The Low-carb Six-Dollar burger was decent, I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty big, and tasted okay. There wasn't much else to choose from (gas station, Burger King, McDonald's), so it was the lesser of fast food evils. First time in months that I'd set foot in a fast food restaurant also, I never eat at them when home.

Tarlach the skirt and flank steaks are fairly thin, and could be pounded a bit thinner still. I also have "shadow steaks" in my fridge right now for making jerky, but those are really thin (less than 1/4 inch) and about 12" long in a large oval shape. They're cut from the top round. Your wrap idea sounds amazing...I'm going to think about it for next week...

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

grandma is offline Member

found it: caul fat

http://oneblockwest.blogspot.com/2008/06/caul-fat-chefs-friend.html

that's what I was thinking of

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Tarlach is offline Member

hannahc> It might be the flank steak. We get skirt steak for jerky (it's not that) and it's prepared a similar way. The butcher just doesn't call it flank...

Check out braciole or involtini on Google for some wrap ideas.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

hannahc is offline Senior Member

There are some awesome recipes for involtini, I think I may do that with my shadow steak this weekend! Leave out the breadcrumbs, and it sounds delicious. Thanks Tarlach

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

shastagirl Guest

PrimalCon New York

through my you-tube browsing i found a rather entertaining video brought to you by a nutritionist who runs "underground wellness". hes basically ranting about oprah and kfc and its pretty awesomesauce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlxcj8o9dg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123