Thread: Duck rillettes? page

jilly is offline Senior Member

Duck rillettes?

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone ever eaten this? Found it at whole foods, sounded interesting and the ingredients are just duck meat and duck fat, salt and pepper. I'm just wondering if I eat it with something? I assume you would normally eat it on a cracker. But since crackers are not an option, just looking for a way to enjoy this seems like a delicacy! I'm excited to try it.

Oops! Forgot it also had pork as an ingredient. But that's it. Duck meat, pork, duck fat, salt, pepper. Looks like its a paste.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    Has anyone ever eaten this? Found it at whole foods, sounded interesting and the ingredients are just duck meat and duck fat, salt and pepper. I'm just wondering if I eat it with something? I assume you would normally eat it on a cracker. But since crackers are not an option, just looking for a way to enjoy this seems like a delicacy! I'm excited to try it.
    Hehe, I buy some almost every week, directly imported from southern France and mixed up with smoked duck breast pieces. I eat it just like that, as a starter. No need of crackers at all

EDIT: pork ?? why is there pork in it ??

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I eat it off a spoon. :-)
    I had to stop buying it though because I ate too many spoons worth. :-(
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    I have never seen this, but I will look for it. It sounds like it would be good on pieces of cut celery or pork rinds

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Hehe, I buy some almost every week, directly imported from southern France and mixed up with smoked duck breast pieces. I eat it just like that, as a starter. No need of crackers at all

EDIT: pork ?? why is there pork in it ??
    lol I have no idea?? But it definitely says pork. It was the only brand that I saw, there was also something similar made with salmon. I thought this one sounded better, even though I love salmon too. Maybe if I like this I'll try the salmon next week. Thanks for all the replies!!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    It is super easy to make and delicious. Google Delia Smith duck rilettes for easy recipe!! Delicious with sticks of celery, carrot, little radishes etc.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    mmmm, i love rilettes of all sorts.

there is pork in there as a cheap filler, but that shouldn't be a problem.

you can eat it spooned into lettuce or endive leaves, or straight-up, like i do.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway