Thread: Amazing difference! page

OkeePhoenix is offline Junior Member

Amazing difference!

Primal Fuel
    I'm 55 years old, and have always enjoyed good health. My blood pressure is within healthy range and my total cholesterol level is typically less than 150. No health issues... Except that I've battled the obesity problem all my life!
    About 6 weeks ago I saw a documentary called "In Search of the Perfect Human Diet", I was instantly intrigued and began my research... Within days, I had read The Primal Blueprint and Why We Get Fat and What We Can Do About It.
    I immediately became a believer... (believer.... Not fanatic! ) I have eliminated all grains from my diet and now eat a meat based diet, augmented by green vegetables, fruits, and nuts. I could tell a difference within about 48 hours. My energy level is better, and although I am actually eating much more, and have probably tripled my dietary intake of fat, I have lost 20 pounds in less than a month!
    I have become an outspoken advocate of the lifestyle, and of Mark's book.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

DaniPani is offline Junior Member
    Good Job!

Aspexil - Every time I see someone mention herring all I can think of is bait. That's what we catch and then use to fish for silver and king salmon. Maybe I should try some next time we fill the bait bucket... How would you recommend cooking them?

NativeHoodrat is offline Junior Member
    Yay Okee way to go. Check out the Paleo comfort foods cook book. There are lots of ideas that taste really good which got my wife to start eating paleo.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Congrats - keep up the good work.

Another book: The Perfect Health Diet

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    welcome and well done
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

MightyMike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkeePhoenix View Post
    .... although I am actually eating much more, and have probably tripled my dietary intake of fat....
    Same here, I am surprised on how much I am eating, but I feel good and the weight is coming off

OkeePhoenix is offline Junior Member
    Just an update.... It's almost 6 months now.... Although the fat loss has greatly slowed, I'm continuing to lose.... Not weight, but body fat, I've already had to buy all new pants.... Soon I'll have to do it again! The new ones are now getting way too loose.... Loving the food, loving the new look!

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring....

Florida, USA.

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkeePhoenix View Post
    Just an update.... It's almost 6 months now.... Although the fat loss has greatly slowed, I'm continuing to lose.... Not weight, but body fat, I've already had to buy all new pants.... Soon I'll have to do it again! The new ones are now getting way too loose.... Loving the food, loving the new look!

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring....

Florida, USA.
    You go!!! That is awesome progress! And you're a Tolkein nerd too? Made my day! ;-)

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic.

Yeah I had immediate results like that too, and then slower results until month 6. At that time things more or less stabilized, but some smaller improvements around month 10.

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Wonderful!
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**