Thread: New from Baltimore, MD page

SamT is offline Junior Member

New from Baltimore, MD

Shop Now
    I was turned onto the Primal lifestyle by a co-worker. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now.

My main concern is cost. I want to minimize cost while maximizing eating good food. Sometimes buying all those ingredients for meals gets expensive.

Does anyone have a simple breakfast, lunch & dinner plan? The simpler the better, my body seems to respond best with simple food (e.g., chicken breast on a bed of a spinach leaves).

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Welcome SamT. There are many here who can help you with cost if you ask on the Nutrition forum. As for a typical meal plan, mine is really boring but I'm happy with it. It tastes good and is really easy.

B - bacon and scrambled eggs with turmeric and whatever else I feel like that day: cheese, peppers, tomatoes, etc., or not.
    L - either sauerkraut and meat (probably leftovers or salami) or sautéed greens in coconut oil and canned fish (sardines, herring, tuna, etc.)
    D - meat or fish and veggies
    Snacks - nuts, cheeses, berries with cream, etc.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

SamT is offline Junior Member
    Thanks.

bemental is offline Member
    I'm with crypto, cooking extra food at dinner and eating it for tomorrow's lunch is a time saver, and subsequently a money saver.

Planning meals in advance helps with cost, but I'm a husband who merely loves on my wife because she handles all of the food in the house and is WONDERFUL at it.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Generally buying ingredients to cook with is a lot less expensive than eating out. Granted, you have to use them and not let them go to waste. For me, staples are eggs, burger, lettuce and other greens (to cook), cauliflower, broccoli, onions, garlic, avocados, olive oil, various cuts of meat and fish. Yes, ribeye is expensive, but ground beef isn't. Check out the carnitas recipe on MDA--pork shoulder is cheap, and the leftovers are delicious!