Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butter oil - grim! page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

Butter oil - grim!

Primal Fuel
    I have no problem taking my fermented cod liver oil, and use the little syringe it came with to measure out 2ml, which I swallow easily. Taste not too bad.

Bitter oil however?! Ew! Insert expletives. Disgusting!

I didn't but the dual caps this time as the dose is low compared to high price. So I bought separate bottles.

The CLO which I thought would be gross, is fine! While I struggle to get the butter oil down without gagging.

Any tips/tricks on how to disguise the taste?
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Eat food. That's my solution. Why are you taking this stuff???
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Butter oil tastes and behaves just like ghee and can be used as a food, try it on a potato with some salt?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Butter oil tastes and behaves just like ghee and can be used as a food, try it on a potato with some salt?
    I have eaten both and I have to say that ghee is so much better. Butter oil is tasteless. Ghee tastes like browned butter. I bought butter oil once and never will again.

I am curious as to why you think it is beneficial.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It's supposed to help with the absorption of the CLO, I think. And it contains factor x (vitamin k?)

The gel caps I was taking before (Green Pasture) contained both. So, I bought a bottle of each and take it at the same time as my CLO.

I can't get grass fed or organic anything here. I was kinda hoping it would negate that.
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

J3nn, thanks. I will try that idea.

These capsules are WORSE than non-grass fed butter. Think about it, bitter butter? Does that sound right to you? No, that sounds like rancid butter. I'm sure the PUFA police can show up with all the links to how damaging these processed oils are and usually I think they are a little overstating, but bitter butter? I would be terrified to wonder what is _really_ in that.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    These capsules are WORSE than non-grass fed butter. Think about it, bitter butter? Does that sound right to you? No, that sounds like rancid butter. I'm sure the PUFA police can show up with all the links to how damaging these processed oils are and usually I think they are a little overstating, but bitter butter? I would be terrified to wonder what is _really_ in that.
    I think it was a typo. He meant butter oil, not bitter oil. I think butter is mostly saturated fat, so no pufa worries.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I think it was a typo. He meant butter oil, not bitter oil. I think butter is mostly saturated fat, so no pufa worries.
    Well, he said it tasted bad too, so I thought the bitter might be part of that. Still, the logic isn't there: eating this good heavens knows what on theory that it is better than real whole food? Booooooogus.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    Well, he said it tasted bad too, so I thought the bitter might be part of that. Still, the logic isn't there: eating this good heavens knows what on theory that it is better than real whole food? Booooooogus.
    It's not always that straight forward for everyone. I have been eating a paleo diet with heavy emphasis on nutrient density for nearly 3 years. This includes oysters, liver, bone broth, brazil nuts, etc. In spite of this I have multiple nutrient deficiencies that require supplementation.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast