Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Giving up dairy page 7

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just realized that my dry skin issues are gone. My forehead used to be so dry that if I scratched it, little flakes would rain down like dandruff. Totally gone. No more dandruff either.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Chrisflyer is offline Member
    Mmmm, there are traditional people drinking milk daily (Masai for example). What do you precisely mean by dairy and processed ? I don't think the French fared bad on their traditional cheese either ...
    DK - That does not make it okay. We're not biologically disposed to consume milk from another species. Why would we, when no other species on this earth does.

The French still suffer from Western diseases. They just may "fare" better because their diet may not be as destructive as, say, American. The French eat "food", not packaged or processed garbage. But they still have diabetes and heart disease.

Stay away from dairy - leave it for calfs to consume.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Something I just stumbled across :NOTMILK Poster: B for Breast Cancer

is enough to make me decide to make the milk ban permanent around my house.
    According to this, humans produce more IGF-1 growth hormones themselves than there is in the milk we consume:
    Can the hormones in milk affect breast cancer? : Cancer Research UK : CancerHelp UK

I have no idea if dairy is so unhealthy or not, but I really like it (organic cheese, milk, butter and sheep youghurt). I do have non-dairy days and have tried to go months straight without it. But after a while I just want it in my life again. I must be a weak soul But as long as I don't overdoe it, I really don't have problems with it.

Besides, it seemes like everything can/will be 'debunked' and then the debunked things get debunked...Every-damn-THING. So frustrating - but also kind of liberating!
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Happy to report that that 1/2 pound stayed off. Don't notice any other changes--sinuses are still whonky. Not being impatient or anything, just thought I'd relay the news and lack thereof =P

I'm still getting too few calories, according to MyFitnessPal, but I'm really not hungry at all, so I'm not worried about it--after reading about EggGirl's experiment, I'm wondering if too few calories is even that big an issue. I'm only 200-300 calories short of what the site suggests, and still getting over 1100.

I REALLY hope the grocery store is stocked with avocados today--sometimes they just don't have any. I think it would be a really good substitute for cheese, plus I just like avocado a lot. I like to combine cubed avocado with cubed cooked chicken in a bowl then add lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and dried cilantro.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    I kinda tapered the consumption of dairy. Two years ago, I stopped drinking my usual two glasses of milk. Then stopped cheese and yogurt. The only thing that still lingers is ice cream, which has become a rarity in general--maybe a bowl of it once in two months or so.

Well, I cheated a little today. One of my co-workers brought milk, cookies, and cream cheese croissants, so I had one chocolate chip cookie, one macaroon, one croissant (they're actually pretty small), and maybe 4 ounces of milk--just enough to dunk the cookies in, I hadn't done that in ages =P

Funny that it happened THIS week of all weeks--I don't get tempted with stuff like this very often, so when the opportunity presents itself, I usually take it. Now that it's over, back to no dairy.

(Red Dwarf)

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reallygravity View Post
    I kinda tapered the consumption of dairy. Two years ago, I stopped drinking my usual two glasses of milk. Then stopped cheese and yogurt. The only thing that still lingers is ice cream, which has become a rarity in general--maybe a bowl of it once in two months or so.
    I tried coconut milk yogurt the other day and it's pretty beastly. But my husband brought home coconut milk ice cream yesterday and I tried it, and it was really delicious. It was chocolate but you could still taste the coconut so it was sort of like Mounds-flavored Something to consider if you decide to totally give up dairy but still want ice cream occasionally. It was really good!
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Ooh, that sounds awesome. My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, maybe I'll see if I can find some of that.

(Red Dwarf)

walterforbes is offline Junior Member
    Yes, buy dairy from local farmers. I buy milk daily from a machine provided by local farmers. It tastes far batter, it is real milk. I have tried goat milk, which said to be the best, but I didn't like the taste of it. I usually buy cheese as well.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisflyer View Post
    We're not biologically disposed to consume milk from another species. Why would we, when no other species on this earth does.
    Well, there's a lot of things we can do as a species that no other species can. We would, because we can.

Is it good for us? That's where the argument should really start.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast